Ramchargers Fan and Griffin Radiator People-I Need Some Help Quick

92GreenGT

PEAT
Founding Member
Jul 18, 2002
Big Stone Gap, VA
Hey guys, I got my 31x19 radiator in the other day, so I mounted the fan to it yesterday and test fit the radiator and done all the possible things needed for it to fit in. I got it in but between my 6-rib crank pulley all the way up to my blower pulley I have less than a 1/4" clearance. How do you 8-rib guys make it fit? It looks like im going to be stuck with the 6-rib setup for the rest of my life. What did I do wrong or is this normal? Thanks guys. I can take pics if need be.

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

Pics are always good. This sounds strange- I don't have the Ramcharger (yet) but I've seen several pics of them installed, and there has always been several inches of clearance. How thick is your Griffin?

stangbear427 said:
Pics are always good. This sounds strange- I don't have the Ramcharger (yet) but I've seen several pics of them installed, and there has always been several inches of clearance. How thick is your Griffin?
I got a pic

hard to tell about it though, I will add it after I resize it. I have the same Griffin everyone told me to buy. The 31x19 from Jegs, cost $179.

Dave

Griffin.jpg

Should I be able to bring it on back to where it lines up even with the metal? I beat on the frame and moved the A/C lines over. I also reloacated the wires that were between it so those are out of the way. Guess I will take it back out and get a bigger hammer.

Dave

TheUser said:
I have a simple - yet serious - question: What's wrong with it how it is? If nothing is rubbing, I see no negative side to leaving it how it is...am I missing something?
Nope, your not missing a thing man. But I would like to have it sit back some more if possible, ya know the 6 rib isnt the best thing to have when your wanting to make boost. I guess I can live with it for now.

The 6-rib should be good to 8psi right? Thats all the boost I need anyways.:lol:

Dave