< RANT > Tranny crapped out on me tonight

Blackened302

Jul 21, 2005
South TX
< RANT > Tranny crapped out on me tonight < /RANT >

my tranny has been acting up lately. turns out tonight, after a bbq at my gf's house, i turned the car on to come home. i took it out of 1st to put it into nuetral to let it warm up and i could hear all these grinding noises. i take off and as i'm trying to get on the frontage, the car starts jerking violently. had i not put it straight into second, the car that was flying towards me would've smacked the crap out of me. i swear, it was running awesome before the paint and body work--fix that and now i've got mechanical issues. on top of that, my gf's brother-in-law is really busy (school and is in charge of building his house) so i don't know when we'll be able to fix the tranny. anyone know of a rebuild kit for the 94/95 T5?

THIS SUCKS!!! :bang: :notnice: :owned: :fuss: :uzi: :dead:

• Sponsors (?)

matthiasj said:
that sucks man...TTT for ya
thanks, matt :nice: having trouble deciding/finding a rebuild kit w/ synchros.

69clark said:
Too much damn hot rodding around with the great new paint job, huh!
hehe, actually yeah, i've been attending a few local mustang events and enjoying the fruits of my labor. btw, everyone around here thinks the punisher decal is sweet, thanks again!

Call D&D. THe Walsh family rocks (IIRC Don Sr was a driveline engineer for Ford) and can answer questions super quick. That is much easier than trying to find stuff on a website IMHO.

Hanlon sells videos and is a source of parts as well. Tremec's site should have a rebuild manual in PDF.

Good luck.

95Vert said:
That sucks. Won't be seeing you for a while then, huh?
no foken oil in it, man--damned rear seal was busted, there was tranny fluid all over the drive shaft and what not. we replaced the oil seal yesterday and filled it up w/ tranny fluid. no leaking, but still lots of grinding. luis says i'm good for another couple of weeks, so it's for damn sure i'm going thursday night, hehe.

Sounds like you're pretty inspired to temporarily drive it that way. You be careful out there! I hope you get it straightened out soon.

BTW, I bought my new T-5 from Phoenix Hard Parts for $695.

And my post from earlier .... I was actually kidding around. Those are their part #'s for the T-56 swap kit.

SeventyMach1 said:
Sounds like you're pretty inspired to temporarily drive it that way. You be careful out there! I hope you get it straightened out soon.

BTW, I bought my new T-5 from Phoenix Hard Parts for $695.

And my post from earlier .... I was actually kidding around. Those are their part #'s for the T-56 swap kit.
lol, foker :jester:

695 is way too bones for me right now--i can barely afford the rebuild kit, heh. thanks for the sug, though.