Re-Intro, Tuning & CAI Qs

Eleven376

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Austin, TX
First off, after about 4yrs of being MIA, i'm happy to be back in here, whats up san~man, firemanz and the others I used to talk to back in 02/03...i'm sure no one remembers but hell, might as well say whats up...got rid of the black 00-GT back in 03 only to get a house, get married, and focus on motorcycles instead of mustangs, which meant the wifes 01-GT has been neglected for some years now...good news is, i'm making it up to her now which brings me to a couple Qs...

car: 01-GT, 4R70W, stock except for following
current mods: k&n, c-springs, catted prochamber, welded 40s, X3 w/93 canned tune
new mods in route: h&r ss, 18s, o/r-h
hung up on: CAI and custom tune

CAI-bought a used Mac but leaning against installing after searching posts about excessive pipe heat...looking at UPR and JLT but for twice the cost, what difference is the JLT gonna make...keep the Mac or try to justify cost between the other two for maybe 1-2rwhp difference, users thoughts?

Tune-same thing, need a custom to turn off rear o2s and fully benefit from having a CAI...found AM-$15/ea; BamaChips-$115/3pack; MPH, VMP, dirtydirty ~$50/ea...thoughts for basically a daily driven, never raced stock car with intake/exhaust?

thanks for looking,
Sean

• Sponsors (?)