Realistic, what did cat-back,plenum,tb and SCT give me in rwhp ?

MustangLife

Jan 5, 2003
Chattanooga, TN
Mods are in signature. I haven't had my car dynoed in 2 years or so. And about a year ago I added a Magna-Pack catback and discarded my factory cat-back with flowmasters welded in. Added Accufab plenum and Accufab 75 MM TB. I discarded my Diablo off the shelf generic tune and added a Custom Mail Order tune from Modular Powerhosue with SCT XCal 2. Added a Stewart water pump that does in fact keep the car cooler than the stock water pump.

Prior to the mods I just listed I put down 256 rwhp and 302 rwtq on a dynojet all day. 2 different dynojets on different days One read 254 rwhp and the other was 256 rwhp so I can say since it was on 2 different dynos those readings were correct.

So with the new mods added how much rwhp estimated did I get from a plenum,TB, catback, and SCT tune ? I know some on here are gonna say bolt on gt's can't get more than 260 rwhp with bolt-ons but I'm assuming those 4 mods could get me more than 4 rwhp, lol.

Thanks
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

Dyno it and see? :shrug:

Seriously, hp is just a number. It's what the torque band looks like and how well you can use it that counts. My 88 made 304rwhp on a mustang dyno, but it moves like a stang with 400rwhp+.

Dynojets like to read high, but even so I'm surprised you had 256rwhp earlier. Maybe you added 10-12hp if you want to calculate it that way?