Really Importiant Trans. Swap Question

BurningRubber

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2004
I just found a great deal on a 94 5.0, but it is an automatic and I swore I would never buy an auto Mustang. If the car is in good enough shape motor and body wise I will buy it and swap a T-5 in. I really need a near complete list of parts and a general estimate of what it would cost to have the work done by a shop, not saying I wont wrench it myself but I need to know top dollar figures just to see how expensive it is. I really think this might be a deal to jump on so if someone would type a list that would be the best.

• Sponsors (?)

pilot bearing
flywheel
manual dust cover
clutch assembly
clutch fork
clutch cable
throwout bearing
bellhousing
94/95 t5 transmission
manual transmission mount
manual transmission harness
manual eec (T4M0 for the sn95)
pedal assembly
shifter
shift knob
shift boot

im pretty sure that is everything. i could have saved a ton of money had i pieced the swap together, but i was way too lazy and bought a complete swap kit from http://www.ampperformance.com/ ....this is going back 2 years ago, so i cant remember off the top of my head what i paid for it. i will make a recommendation though. if you are mechanically inclined, this is a very simple swap. i had never even touched a transmission before and i did it with the help of a few people on the floor of my garage with hand tools. worked perfect the first time. the hardest part in my opinion was changing out the pedal assembly. if you decide to go at it yourself and have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM. good luck with it.

agreed, do it yourself. piece of cake. I bought my stuff from Mustang Parts Specialties, think it was about 1450, back in 98. I'd piece it all together now, back then these cars were still relatively new, yards didn't have the "variety" of parts for these things, as they do now. Highly recommend getting a good shifter and cable/quadrant while you're at it, save you from doing it later. good luck

the main regret i had after i did mine was that i saved a ton of time by buying a complete swap, but for the amount i paid, i could have easily pieced together the swap with all aftermarket parts rather than stock ones (tremec 3550, aluminum flywheel, etc.)