Rear Brakes

• Sponsors (?)

AHHH!!! THE BRAKES ARE THE SAME SAME SAME DAN YOU ALL. The cobra rotors are vented and the gt's are solid. SAME DIAMETER. COBRA PADS A BIT THINNER TO COMPENSATE FOR THE THICKER VENTED ROTOR...THEY ARE A DIRECT CHANGE OVER. MAYBE the calipers are different but if you still use your stock GT (GEEE TEEE) caliper a 15" wheel WILL FIT!!! Don't sell your drag radials. I've done this swap...Nonlocality has just accomplished the swap. Geeez...this is frustrating. SOrry for all the caps. I just want to make sure i get the point across. There is alot of misunderstanding statements being thrown around on this thread.

Whatever dude. If you did any research you will see that the rears are NOT the same so get off your soapbox.

Here's the SPECIFICS...

'94-95 V6 & GT: 10.8x1.0" front rotors, 66mm single piston calipers. Rear single piston 38mm Varga caliper, 10" solid rotor

'94-98 Cobra, '95 Cobra R: 13.0x1.1" KVH rotors, 38x38mm dual piston PBR calipers. Rear single piston 38mm Varga Caliper, 11.65" vented rotor

Unless my higher education let me down, 11.65" is BIGGER than 10"...
:spot:

In addition...

The V6/GT cars for 94-Present use a 10" solid rear rotor and single piston caliper. While they are disc brakes, the non vented rotors are less than optimal. You can upgrade to slotted and drilled rotors from companies like Baer , but the are still solid 10" rotors. Here are your upgrade options beyond just the rotors:

1. Upgrade to a drilled and slotted rear disc, stock size. Baer carries the item
2. Upgrade to the 94-98 Cobra 11.65" vented rotors. You need the Cobra specific axle bracket, anti-moan bracket and rotor. You use your existing caliper with the cobra pads (they are thinner to accommodate the thicker rotor). There are 3 different caliper brackets for the 94+ cars. You can either get a cobra specific unit or grind the GT/V6 one wider to accomodate the wider cobra rotor.