Rear end whining and clunking problems AGAIN

PoopDawg

Autozone Junkie
Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Orlando, FL
So we contacted Ford about this problem. It's been "fixed" 6 times now, to no avail. The rep told us that more then likely Ford will be buying the car back from us. If this happens, I'm going to get the color I wish was out when we bought ours... Grabber Orange. Also want to get the 18 inch Polished wheels and leather. So this can turn out to be a great deal for me. You always wish you would have got this option and that option after you buy the car. I might be getting that second chance. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. They should be contacting us back sometime this coming week.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

that would be nice, I love the way the black s-197s look, but as this is my first black car i had no idea how much of a pita black is to keep clean, if i could do it over, id be driving a torch red stang lol

I love my car, but as I get older and make more money I would have a hard time buying another Stang after you had so many problems with yours.

There is a 70 page thread on another forum about the front end clunking noise, Ford hasn't fixed it, word is a TSB is coming out. My point is, there is no guarantee your next Stang will be any better.

Ford knew about the rears on these cars back in 05 and they didn't fix them, because people kept buying them and Ford is broke.

My car, has a clicking noise when you turn the wheel while moving, Ford can't fix it! Ford has been making cars for 100 years and they can't seem to build a decent rear and fix my clicking noise?? And my AC clicking drives me nuts!!! My seats squeeks. My dash rattles etc. Only got 10k on my car..

I love my car, but If I went thru what you went thru, i'd sit on the sidelines for a while and buy a Stang when the problems are fixed.

ps. My buddy has had his rear rebuilt 5 times from Ford, they finally fixed it.

Other than the clunking noise and the few cars with the rear end noises these cars are not that bad.

No matter what kind of a car you buy all of them have some trouble areas. Unfortunately the trouble areas on this model is noise concerns and those tick off customers even more than mechanical or electrical failures

If you want a real POS take the 1995-1997 windstar. That was a real hunk of ****.

My car has 10k on it.

1. AC Clicks so loud, you can hear it above the music (Ford can't fix it)
2. Front wheels click when you turn and move forward (Ford can't fix it, they are stumped)
3. Seat squeaks
4. Dash rattles by pass side on and off
5. My fuel pump had to be replaced
6. Something on the side of the pass seat rattles
7. Some times I can't put gas in the car
8. At 10k my car is out of alignment already
9. outside door handle stopped working

These problems seem to be par for the course. Then you have the water leak guys, vibration guys, axle whine guys etc.

Point is, buy an extended warranty or you'll be sorry!

My car has 10k on it.

2. Front wheels click when you turn and move forward (Ford can't fix it, they are stumped)
3. Seat squeaks

These problems seem to be par for the course. Then you have the water leak guys, vibration guys, axle whine guys etc.

Well all I can do is go by our warranty numbers. You have to remember I am looking a a lot bigger picture not just a single car or a handful of people.

Many of those problems you are reporting are not par for the course.

The problems we have seen so far are water leaks, batteries draining and clunking from the front end. Also we have had a few cars with rear end noise.

BTW your problems have some simple fixes.

1. the A/c concern, reduce the compressor clutch air gap with a smaller shim. This noise is caused by excessive a/c clutch air gap

2. the gas problem is most likely caused when they replaced your fuel pump they crimped some of the hoses, if they drop the tank they will find the pinched vapor hoses.

3. alignment can be messed up in 10 miles let alone 10k miles.. Something was hit to cause the alignment to go off. either that or the alignment is fine and road crowns are causing a pull. This is a normal condition.

The other stuff I would have had to be there to see what caused the concern, Fuel pump should not have went in 10k, but it happens. Who knows what happened to the handle and the rattles I would have to be there then I could tell you what happened

If your ford dealer is not able to handle this tell them I am willing to fly in. But I want 200 a hour while I am there plus expenses and a new mustang GT to drive while I am in town.

Why is it that the four fords I have bought brand new have been perfectly fine if they are such bad cars??

BTW I have worked for Honda, Audi and GM in the past and trust me all of those makes had issues too.

Now that's loyalty. Most people would probably steer clear of Ford altogether after getting a lemon. But I guess now you want a pumpkin.

You know it :nice: I'm not mad... but it's just a hassle. Of course I'll get another Mustang. One bad apple doesn't always spoil them all.

Also. I think this is the last nail in the coffin. I get in the car after work last night, and shifter feels like it's broken. You can put it into the "slot" where any gear is, and it doesn't engauge a gear. Even without your foot on the clutch, it goes into the slots. If you go real slow with it, it would eventually go into gear. So my 07 GT with 7000 miles got towed away to the dealer. What a POS I got. LOL The service dept was closed, so to get a rental car, I had to talk with the GM of the dealer. I explained to him that the dealer has bent over backwards for us and done everythign they can do. I told him I would be back if I do get the buy back for another Mustang. Then I proceeded to tell him how much bull**** it is that his GT500 vert has a 23K mark up on it, considering 8000 are being built. Told him it's not their fault... it's just that people have more money then brains. He didn't think too highly of my comments. LOL Oh well. Let's hope they send it to the scrap yard.

Nick

I think Ford just doesn't know that these new clutches that they are using in the rearends require a different ratio of Friction Modifier to Gear Lube.

My rearend started moaning, and I had "the fix" done. After about 2 months it came right back. I added half a bottle of Ford Friction Modifier and it's been sound free for over 10,000 miles.

My car has 10k on it.

3. Seat squeaks

I'm only days away from turning 20K miles on mine(had 8.7 miles when I bought it 8/29/06).
1. Only hear it sometimes, NEVER over the radio(even at low volume)
2. Never
3. Never
4. Mine does as well. It is the latch for the glove box. I haven't bothered fixing it
yet since it rarely happens.
5. Never
6.Never
7. 3 times to date. Last time being a few weeks ago. Other than that it was twice
in a row shortly after buying the car. I've gotten to where I go to 3 or 4
different stations and use a certain pump and I'm fine.
8. Never
9. Never
Here is what I have taken mine to the dealer for:
1. 11/01/06-Check Engine Light-bent rocker arm(replaced all of them incase it was
a parts defect). Trouble free since.
2. Plastic trim pieces behind door handles rattled(put piece of velcro behind it to
make a tighter fit). No more rattle.
3. Rattles from the trunk area going over bumps(a few others on here had that and Jenn found a fix-plastic conduit and wire ties around the trunk struts where they mount). No more rattles!

So those 3 and the glove box rattle have been my only problems to date.

Shifter problem turned out to be a loose bolt where the shifter connects to the trans. I figured as much, as that's what it felt like. And the rear end problem, they said Ford is telling them to let it cool off over night and see if it does it in the AM, which it will cause it always does. We'll see I guess.

Man, they better buy that car back soon! 6 attempts to fix a "normal" problem doesn't seem very normal to me. get on the phone and start air horning your frustrations to Dearborn on a daily basis.

Now the dealer is telling us the "clunk" is "normal" after attempting to fix it 6 times now. :rolleyes: We left a message with the Ford Rep in Detroit. This is getting rediculous!

6 times you take it in and they agree something is wrong and attempt to fix it...even though it still does the same thing now it's considered "normal" :shrug: That's f'ed up!!!!!

I had the district Ford guy look at my car, he is an ass clown. Said nothing was wrong, so I went back down to the dealership and beat the manager and techs to a pulp. After driving my car 5 feet in the parking lot, they all admitted they and the DM missed it!!! But they didn't really miss it. The dealer ain't moving cars, so the make their money fixing cars out of warranty. Ford doesn't want to fix it because it's a design issue with the rear along with the clunking noise.

DUDE, THEY DON'T WANT TO AND THEY WON'T FIX YOUR CAR!!!!!!! I'm being honest.

Hire an attorney and buy a GM after they lemon law it.

Here is the link to the clunking noise, good luck, people have contacted Bill ford about it, no one is going to get it fixed!

click here