Rear End

Hi guys. New here. I gotta question. I did an engine swap on my 99 v6 with 95 5.0 everything stock. Used 95 trans but my question is on the rear end. I left the 99 differential. Is it alot of difference between the 95 gt and the 99 v6? Excuse my ignorance and thanx in advance...

• Sponsors (?)

95 8.8 axle isn't really ideal to swap into a 99-04 mustang. The control arm mounting bolts are a different size, and the 99+ rear is wider than 94-98 Mustangs, so any wheels you mount up will be drawn inwards.

Best to track down a 99-04 8.8 axle out of a GT. They come with 3.27s stock...but a lot have been upgraded

95 8.8 axle isn't really ideal to swap into a 99-04 mustang. The control arm mounting bolts are a different size, and the 99+ rear is wider than 94-98 Mustangs, so any wheels you mount up will be drawn inwards.

Best to track down a 99-04 8.8 axle out of a GT. They come with 3.27s stock...but a lot have been upgraded
I really apreciate you took the time to share your knowledge man. As a matter of fact i was already looking for a 95. I thought since is a 95 engine might as well be the same year. But now i'll take your advice i count... thanx again brother