Interior and Upholstery Rear seat brackets

ggradtech

Jun 17, 2016
I was watching a video about putting in new carpet. It was CJ Ponyparts. I noticed it was a coupe and there were 2 brackets (horseshoe shaped) that were under the seat bottoms. Are all coupes supposed to have these? Mine doesnt have them, but Im not sure if someone removed them at some point. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I was watching a video about putting in new carpet. It was CJ Ponyparts. I noticed it was a coupe and there were 2 brackets (horseshoe shaped) that were under the seat bottoms. Are all coupes supposed to have these? Mine doesnt have them, but Im not sure if someone removed them at some point. Thanks.
No that started in either 90 or 91 I believe .

I guess that's why my seat just kinda "sits" there....pun intended. Does the rear seat bottom somehow clip in to those bars or is there some type of screw that holds it in?

If you flip your back seat over you should be able to see a kinda molded pattern in the foam. At the front of the seat, in the foam, there is a piece of metal, you should see kind of a U shape. That piece of metal grips the top of the frame and helps hold the seat in place.

Someone cut the brackets out of my car and had the seat held in with coat hangers :doh: I bought a replacement set off of Ebay only to figure out in the end that I have a back seat out of a early 2000's model car and it wont fit with the brackets in place. One of these days I plan on installing a Fox seat back in the car. Until then my seat will just have to rattle around back there!