Interior and Upholstery Rear Seat Recovering And/or New Foam

• Sponsors (?)

I never realized that pre 1990's had no shoulder belt. That sucks.

I would think with a forward facing the lap belt only would work, since I think the seat in my explorer has the lap and shoulder belt through the same lower hole on the frame of the child seat. Just remember there is a special way to put a seat belt on a child seat in a non latch style attachment.
You have to hook it up, pull the belt all the way out and then let it retract and it will click click click.

I catch flack from my wife, my parents, my inlaws etc. about the idea of my kids in my car. I win most battles, I may have to let this one go or maybe install a 4 pt to make everyone happy.

My 88 has shoulder belts :shrug:

@Mustang5L5, you might consider making your own custom fit foam bottom for the SN95 seat. I am going to attempt something similar for my s197 seat conversion. I haven't done it yet, but my plan is to make my own wire frame(or pull the frame out of my stock seat...not really wanting to do that), cover the back floor pans with a large, single sheet of plastic, frame up a footing in the front to act as a damn, then fill it with a liquid expanding foam. The liquid foam will accept the contour of the floor, as well as attach itself to the wire frame. Once the foam hardens, i'll work it out of the car and begin the shape/mold the top and sides to fit the s197 seat bottom. It's not going to be easy, but it's the only way I have come up with thus far to get the best fit for a custom seat...

The SN seat bottom looks way better in there than the stock bottom does considering the seat backs are SN as well.
Can't you alter the mounting system base so that the SN bottom makes contact in the appropriate areas to give it the support it needs? It's so close to fitting,..it just needs some "help".

Looks great thou!!

Did you put halos on new edge seats? They look awesome! I also thought about it but believed it didn't fit...did you modify the insert tabs?

Yup, halos on the front seats. Install was no different than the fox seats. Pull the stock headrest out. Pull out the plastic insert, insert the halo.
IMG_2746.jpg

The SN seat bottom looks way better in there than the stock bottom does considering the seat backs are SN as well.
Can't you alter the mounting system base so that the SN bottom makes contact in the appropriate areas to give it the support it needs? It's so close to fitting,..it just needs some "help".

The right way to do it would be to go into an Sn95 car and cut out the seat area of the floor. There's an extra support are in the front that I believe can be removed separately. Then I'd have to tack weld it or rivet into place in my car.

The clips that hold the 87-89 seat can also be felt through the seat cushion as well when you sit in it.

I think for the short term, i'll just swap the red fox seat in when the kids want to sit in the back and go for a ride. I envision this happening...oh..maybe 2 times a season? So might not be worth the effort expense. The Sn95 seat still just lays there in the rear seat area looking good. Swapping the fox bottom in takes all of 2 mins. I just debate if I should dye it so it doesn't stick out as much. I've sent TMI a few emails without response on this. I know I could call...but I prefer email immensely.

I think they're more true black than the charcoal sn99 stuff, but should go match fine with you're black interior plastics. 94-98 may be true black too, I just know my 99 anniversary seats we're a bit on the gray side