Reen Machine now on eBay

• Sponsors (?)

Reen:
I love this statement!! :hail2:

When you look at your car a decade from now, will you want to see something that harkens back to the muscle car scene in 1967 or to a movie remake from the year 2000?

This project is awsome, I am sure you will be happy with the outcome of the auction!

68rustang said:
What size are the doughnuts on the rear? I love that car.
They're just some random wheels I had around -- 185/14. I had to take the front calipers back off just so I could roll the car around. :p The real wheels should show up any day now, and the car will admittedly look worlds better with 245/45-17s on it.

It bid to $90,100 (reserve not met), which is encouraging for a car that isn't even done yet. I got a lot of calls from people wanting to see it when it's done, so things look good for a strong sale in a couple of months.

reenmachine said:
It bid to $90,100 (reserve not met), which is encouraging for a car that isn't even done yet.
Wow, but for that money you could go down and talk to someone at Sanderson for a "real" Shelby-E500.

:rolleyes:

I'll be running along now.

:rlaugh:

Thank you, I'll be here all week!

:flag:

I just bought a 68 rust free convertable Florida car for pretty big bucks.

The car has alot of good stuff in it-

I bought it off a father of a son who is in Air Force training and couldnt answer any of my questions in detail, but said there was a ton of money put in this car-

This is what it has from what I could see and was told-

Worked 302, father dosent know if its original or from Ford Motorsports, dont know about heads, internals etc, waiting for son to give me info,

looks like a Holley 650, Edelbrock Torker manifold, Cearmic Hooker Super comps, trick Harmonic balancer, March billet pulleys, MSD dist and Ign, Alum Motorsports valve covers, Hi Po air cleaner, Auto trans , dunno C4 , 6 or AOD but has a line lock, electric fuel pump, one of those Lentin (Linzen) (?) wide at the bottom oil pans and some other stuff. Really want to know whats inside that motor- this is no botch job everything looks professionaly done.

Has front disc brakes, Shelby drop, 620 coils, some kind of trick front sway bar with adjustable links, looks like a 9" waffle Currie rear, aluminum driveshaft, loop, lakewood ladder bars, mid eye springs, rear sway bar, Power steering, and Big BFG's on smooth aluminum Cragars all around.

As I said its a convertable, has a GT rear Valance with a Flowmaster exhaust system with X pipe, and twin exhaust tips, one is missing, or in trunk.

Interior is very nice black no rips or tears, and the car has a bunch of stuff in the trunk, a real (the 400.00 kind ) walnut steering wheel new still in box, new sill plates, new rear plastic window, and a bunch of other boxes i didnt open yet.

The body is very strait looks like original sheet metal, no rust and in primer. looks like car was getting ready for paint, when he decided to sell.

Code states the car was originally Raven Black.

Needless to say I did not buy this car cheap, but since my job takes me all over the place and i found this tucked away and the fact that they just decided to sell it, I could not pass it up.

My problem is I have 3 other projects and it seems all i do is constantly fix every little thing so i take em apart and just never get them finished to drive them..

So im wondering what this car is worth if I spruce her up a bit and resell it. Im thinking a Raven black paint job and maybe some Edelbrock 409's or Eleanor rims. I think this car would be a knockout like that.

So Pete, you know these cars- probably not a good canidate for you cause you prolly want a body with no bells and whistles, but I just want to know about what this car is worth.

I think a member of this board is interested and if i decide that I have too much on my plate,to be fair I will give him first shot, cause he asked me about it.

Sounds like an interesting car with a lot of potential, and I agree that it would look great in Raven Black with some nice wheels. How is the undercarriage? That's the most important thing (to me at least) when trying to put a value on a car. Do you have pics of the car?

It's always hard to put a value on a "restomod" car -- it's one of those "it's worth what someone will pay for it" kind of things. Since people modify cars in order to make it fit their vision of what it should be, you basically have three ways to get a good sale out of it:

1) Find a buyer who just so happens to have the same tastes and vision (rare)

2) Make the mods subtle, tasteful, and not over the top, so the car has broad appeal. (probably the best overall approach)

3) Make the car so kick-ass and special that no one can deny its badness. (expensive)

I've often seen cars that cost someone close to $100k to build sell for $35k because they were just too wild/different/impractical.

Let's see some pics of the car and go from there!