relocated battery need help!

oosmytoo

Founding Member
Jun 21, 2002
Portland - Oregon
well i just finished up relocating my battery to the trunk, also hid all the wires. everything works with the exception of the starter, it will not engage? im not sure what the problem is? I used 1-0 cable for my lead wire to the fuse box, 1-0 wire from the battery to quad shock, and 1-0 wire from the timing chain cover to the motor mount bolt. Also ran a new 4 gauge wire for the alternator. any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

im not even sure where its located at? i was reading through these other threads and other guys were having starting problems, so they ran a (-) from the battery straight to the starter? i really dont wanna have to do that though.

yeah it makes sense, im not using a kill switch so heres what i did.
i ran 4 gauge wire from the alt. to my fuse box, then from the fuse box it was 1-0 wire all the way to the back, to the + side of battery. then from the - I grounded it to the quad shock, with 1-0 wire. then went from the timing chain cover to a motor mount bolt with 1-0 wire. what do you think? does everthing sound ok?:shrug:

i ran 4 gauge wire from the alt. to my fuse box, then from the fuse box it was 1-0 wire all the way to the back, to the + side of battery. then from the - I grounded it to the quad shock, with 1-0 wire. then went from the timing chain cover to a motor mount bolt with 1-0 wire. what do you think? does everthing sound ok?:shrug:

Like they said you need to ground it to the chassis some where on the frame is a good spot. I would think you need a wire running to your starter soleniod and another wire running off the other post to your starter. I have a fuse breaker in the back but thats because I have to have it in order for the kill switch to work properly. Are you talking about a different fuse box something that isnt the stock one?

oosmytoo said: