Remember awhile back when somebody posted a pic of a factory long tube header...

• Sponsors (?)

i think it would bolt up just fine, all 2.3's that i know of are round port exhuast so it would work...exhuast spacing hasnt changed between the heads has it? i know some heads (2.0/2.3 old-new) have differnt intake spacing, exhuast on the other hand? (curious). If you were to use it, the best way to cut the collector off and run the splits to dual mufflers ;)

Thinking: That would make a great start to a hx35 header no? the 1-4 2-3 already going to be paired...not to mention the tubing is beefer, and comes straight out , so it would make a better canidate for a home-made turbo header , just thinking outloud...

bhuff30 said:
wait a sec. Isn't the Aerostar 2.3 HSC?
Even if it did fit, that thing is not pretty. The tubes are narly and conver poorly. I can't imagine it flowing well.

ya its a pushrod 2.3, BUT as knarly as that header is, i would bet my bottom dollar it flows better than a stock manifold! I would think it flows 1/2 as well if not 3/4 as well as a full length header, since the 1-4 2-3 are pair off as full length runners (half as much piping as a full lenght) true, its not pretty, but ford had to make it for a purpose, and they dont add metal unless A: the government makes them or B: it adds too the motor's performance in some fashion. (these statments are generalizations, im sure there are exceptions)

So if you cut off the collector and run it as true duels it would sound just like a v8 wouldnt it? I think im gonna go down to the yard and get one. I will keep you posted on if it fits and so on.

latroca1 said:
Would this actually work and perform if you split the header up???
I would think this would hinder what little power our motors put out as it is!!!
Otherwise why even run headers use no exhaust at all

You need some backpressure. Don't want to lose too much torque.

latroca1 said:
Would this actually work and perform if you split the header up???
I would think this would hinder what little power our motors put out as it is!!!
Otherwise why even run headers use no exhaust at all
If there's absolutely no exhaust, alot of extra air would go into the combustion chamber. Air burns hot as **** so valves start burning up. Plus the backpressure thing.