Remember when we had a talk section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

gp001 said:
Wasn't it great? A place where we could post threads about

Help my find a phone number in New YorkHelp my find a phone number in New York , How much would you pay for this , TCP Dead or Alive? , 67 fastback GTA,for 6k , and 67 coupe for sale without them interferring with tech. Boy was it great ;)

**Don't get your pantys in a wad. I just thought it was funny that 6 of the top 8 threads were talk related. And I know my thread isn't tech, so let's not have any Capt. Obviouses

Aww poor baby. Does someone need a hug?

Ok,

Does it REALLY create THAT big of a problem if a few threads that could be deemed talk show up in tech?

I mean, can we be anymore nit-picky (or childish)? Arguing over what thread goes where on stangnet in the classic forums?

Before we know it there will be SOMEONE...not mentioning any names...that will take more time out of their day to run some statistical analysis on the stangnet forums to show the percentage of talk threads in the tech forum that dont belong there. This all on top of creating a thread whining about the amount of talk threads. Should we start complaining about tech topics in talk? HEAVEN FORBID US!!!

The talk forum has cut out a lot of idle chit chat in the tech forum...great. if a few talk items get posted in tech, it shouldnt be too much of a problem. Think of how many 'tech' posts turn into a BS, chit chat, thread. Should they be moved to talk after that?

I think if the few talk posts that get posted in tech actually bother someone THAT much, well, then, dont read them, go about your business and move on.

Lets all grow up and act like the men and women we are, rather than complaining about petty BS on the Internet.

Post Script:
NB4DLCK

allcarfan said:
Ok,

Does it REALLY create THAT big of a problem if a few threads that could be deemed talk show up in tech?

I mean, can we be anymore nit-picky (or childish)? Arguing over what thread goes where on stangnet in the classic forums?

Lets all grow up and act like the men and women we are, rather than complaining about petty BS on the Internet.

Post Script:
NB4DLCK

dude, i caught some punk fool sucka tryin' to post a tech thread in the talk section jus' this mornin'. i was gonna put the smack down with a big "TECH!" but i figgerd i'd let him slide with a warnin'. next time though....

allcarfan said:
Ok,

I assume you are including yourself?

allcarfan said:
I think if the few talk posts that get posted in tech actually bother someone THAT much, well, then, dont read them, go about your business and move on.

Same could be said about this thread, but then, you chose to read it and argue in it. Hmmmmmm

allcarfan said:

Um...ya...OK...then what was your post about again?

If you can have your opinion that posting in the wrong place is OK can't I have my opinion that it is not? Or, are YOU the only one allowed an opinion and/or posting priveliges?
:rolleyes:

gp001 said:
If you can have your opinion that posting in the wrong place is OK can't I have my opinion that it is not? Or, are YOU the only one allowed an opinion and/or posting priveliges?
:rolleyes:

Who was the one who started this thread, and responded with condescension when those who didn't "grasp the difficult concept" didn't give him the affirmation he wanted?

Snail50 said:
Who was the one who started this thread, and responded with condescension when those who didn't "grasp the difficult concept" didn't give him the affirmation he wanted?

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: You obviously haven't followed too many of my threads to think I would be looking for "affirmation"

I guess you guys keep your tools in the refrigerator and you food in the clothes dryer.

gp001 said:
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: You obviously haven't followed too many of my threads to think I would be looking for "affirmation"

I guess you guys keep your tools in the refrigerator and you food in the clothes dryer.

Yeah, doesn't everbody? :shrug:

Why do I even bother trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with someone that is stubborn and ignorant? Its like peeing into the wind.

IM done with this thread, time to move on to some Tech/Talk discussions with people that need help that Im willing to share my knowledge with and help as best I can. No sense in wasting anymore time that could be spent helping others.

EL1NOR said:
gp001, how old are you anyways?? It's like you're out to be hated on for no good reason. Hell, it took you a good 2 weeks to stop talking smack about me in random threads after I gave up on you last time. :notnice:

-Tim

"Random threads"? Look assclown, I only posted on the 2 threads you were bashing a vendor, and a third thread asking about vendors I posted to "ask El1nor". I don't think those are random at all. You are no where near as important as you give yourself credit for. Not even a blip on the radar. So run along skippy and cry about being to dumb to check the inventory status of parts you wish to order.

Oh, and I could care less if people hate me (or in assclown linguistics "hated on"). Especially when they are either too dumb or too lazy to post in the proper place.

allcarfan said:
Why do I even bother trying to carry on an intelligent conversation with someone that is stubborn and ignorant? Its like peeing into the wind.

IM done with this thread, time to move on to some Tech/Talk discussions with people that need help that Im willing to share my knowledge with and help as best I can. No sense in wasting anymore time that could be spent helping others.

I'm sorry, I missed your intelligent conversation. All I read were posts by people that are too stubborn or ignorant to post in the right place. Heaven forbid we post in the places provided. I mean, the talk forum is a WHOLE click away. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gp001 said:

Actually, I haven't found a need to follow any of your threads until now, and that was mainly to see how many times you would respond with third-grade tactics like name calling...as in, "assclown," "trick pony" etc.

As much as I'd like to remain above your juvenile angst, I am greatly hurt and offended by your accusation that I keep my food in the clothes dryer, therefore I'll lower myself just to offer this analysis: Perhaps your insecurity and aggression stems from your role as the football the two monkeys are so fond of....

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been entertaining, but I've had all the internet-bravado I can take for one day. Besides, by staying involved with this thread, I am wasting time, energy, and brain cells that could be better wasted elsewhere.

:spot:

Snail50 said:
Actually, I haven't found a need to follow any of your threads until now, and that was mainly to see how many times you would respond with third-grade tactics like name calling...as in, "assclown," "trick pony" etc.

As much as I'd like to remain above your juvenile angst, I am greatly hurt and offended by your accusation that I keep my food in the clothes dryer, therefore I'll lower myself just to offer this analysis: Perhaps your insecurity and aggression stems from your role as the football the two monkeys are so fond of....

I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been entertaining, but I've had all the internet-bravado I can take for one day. Besides, by staying involved with this thread, I am wasting time, energy, and brain cells that could be better wasted elsewhere.

:spot:

I guess when you only have 2 you need to protect them.

OK, since I have to go work on my boat at the marina I just wanted to post a few things before 2bav8 puts the lock on it

1. For those of you who participate (I won't name names) and then act like it is beneath you, just remember, nobody forced you to participate in this thread. You could have kept riding your high horse right on by. The thread didn't need, or ask for, any response, so don't become party to it just to then act self righteous.

2. For those who said to just skip posts I don't like, you could have done the same.

3. For those who think Talk posts are OK in Tech (and Tech in Talk) I will never understand that logic. However, if that is truly how you feel then why are on me for my post? If you feel it is OK, then leave my post alone.

Oh well, off to fire up my new twin 575 hp mercs. Carry on

Status
Not open for further replies.