Replimod Progress Pictures

joesgt281 said:
He runs it in vintage racing in the Texas/Oklahoma area.
Definetly NOT street legal, LOL

I like the fact that you're going to be running yours on the street....
I love the road-race look on a street car...down in the weeds and big fatties all the way around.
The drag car look is cool, but I prefer something that can take corners.

Is that a custom strut tower brace on the grabber orange car? If not who makes it....

• Sponsors (?)

REPLIMOD #17 said:
I've currently got 17X8 Torque Thrust II's installed. I had the spokes powder coated black to give them a custom look. I'm thinking of switching to a 17X9.5 so that I can run a wider tire...
The front discs are SSBC. I got the rear brakes from VintageVenom and they are the same as an explorer swap...

I saw the pics of your recently installed 347 stroker :nice: and I must say it gave me the inspiration to work a little later each night...
What kind of power are you looking to get out of it?

I am going to have to do some research on a good performance power brake setup that will fit my 15's as well as fit the JMC hydraulic clutch setup. I've been following a few threads related to this and seems like there are some options. Of course, I could always get new wheels, just don't want to spend the $$ on that.

Glad I could help inspire you :D According to CHP, the 347 puts out 400 hp and 420 ft lbs. I considered going all out and getting a 408 stroker, but then I'm in a totally different league that would require beefier transmission and related parts. I didn't want to cut up my trans tunnel and I figure for street and limited track use, my combo will be just right for me. Good luck and keep the pics coming.

RacerX said:
Where'd the pics go? :shrug:

I'm not sure were the pics went...but I'll add some more. These should be better...:D :D
NoTrunk.jpg
[/IMG]
meandcar.jpg

engineinstall.jpg

I'll try to get some more pics up later...
As you can see this car was a rust bucket to begin with...
Full Quarters, Trunk floor, full floor boards, front frame rails, battery tray, lower firewall, you get the picture?......:bang:

Lets just say that cutting this car up to make it what it is and what it will be did not hurt my feelings at all if you know what I mean.

NICE! This gives me a lot of motivation since I am having to do a lot of the same sheet metal replacement as you have done. I am just on the floor pans with a long way to go. More pics please!!!!! :nice:

nugget68 said:
what kind of wheels your runnin, got a better shot of them?

Those are torque thrust II's. 17x8 with 4.5" BS and 245's.
I had the centers powder coated black...

I'm gonna try to get some more pics tonight with these wheels and another set of custom 3-piece wheels with a 275 tire...I'll put them in a new posts with more pics of my quarter flares, so be on the look out for it tomorrow.:SNSign: