Rip Carroll Shelby

• Sponsors (?)

It's a sad day. Half-mast.
AC-Shelby-Cobra-427-Competition_1.jpg

I normally dont give pause when I hear news like this. When lingefelter died I didnt even give a passing thought. Shelby on the other hand makes me want to stop long enough to type a post and reflect on how much I have admired his contributions to the performance and automotive industry. Hell even the bag of shelby chili seasoning I bought was phenominal.

Carrol Shelby's epitaph might be something like this...

I don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me
And I enjoy an accolade like the rest
You could take my picture and hang it in a gallery
Of all who's who and so-n-so's that used to be the best
At such'n'such ... it wouldn't matter much

I won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights
We all need an 'Atta boy' or 'Atta girl'
But in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides
The temporary trappings of this world

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?

From Nicole Norderman's song Legacy....

Mad mike said it best this is sad news but this was a man who lived life on the edge until well into his 80s. His legacy is one to celebrate and reflect on what he has done for all of us. The man is a legend and what's sad is the world does not make people like that anymore. This is a sad day because his legacy has ended and I can't think of 1 person who has done or could do what he has for the automotive industry. My father became an enthusiast because of the cobras and mustangs, I in turn took the torch and I hope to pass it along to my kids. To have an impact on generations is amazing.

RIP Carrol Shelby

Mad mike said it best this is sad news but this was a man who lived life on the edge until well into his 80s. His legacy is one to celebrate and reflect on what he has done for all of us. The man is a legend and what's sad is the world does not make people like that anymore.
This is a sad day because his legacy has ended and I can't think of 1 person who has done or could do what he has for the automotive industry.
My father became an enthusiast because of the cobras and mustangs, I in turn took the torch and I hope to pass it along to my kids. To have an impact on generations is amazing.

RIP Carrol Shelby

Steve Saleen, Jack Roush, Bob/Bill Glidden, Bob Bondurant, Don Nicholson and Lee Iaccoca, (just to name a few) are all still alive and well.:cool: