RPM Extender ???

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
N.H.
I just scored one of these to dump the shift retard, couldn't resist the price of 140.00 for a unit used like one time...:nice: Love those classfieds...:D
Never seeing one I was kinda amazed at how big the mother was...Where'd you locate the box???
Wanna get the car on the road this week and this was the last pc I was waiting for...

Thanks...

93306.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

FWIW for the auto guys, both sticks and autos pull a grip of timing (the latter is per M.W.) during shifts. The auto doesnt pull timing during manual shifting, as I recall.

It's been awhile since I read up on that crap.

Andy, that's an awesome score - you hook up some good deals. :hail2:

I dont have a clue how or where to put that big ol' boat though - the seat thing sounds real good to me.

Good luck.

95Vert said:
I would also like to know what the hell it does. There's a local guy selling one. It SOUNDS cool but I have no idea what it does.

Try a search on it. Its been so long since someone has had one in the 94/95 section i cant remember all its fuctions. I know it advances the timing, pulls the timing shift retard, and there are more i just cant recall.

I believe gmkiller was using one on his 12 second stock longblock 94/95 cobra

I am certain they were for GT's.

They would work on a Cobra but you had to send it off to a guy named Sam.

His last name was something like Guido or there-abouts.

A guy on the Corral named Michael Plummer knows a good about it if you need to get some more data.

Good Luck with it :nice:

Grady

I have one, made a nice difference. Would be nice if I had a WB to tune it with. RIO, don't you have a #19 if my memory serves me correctly? What ratio or roller rockers are you using with it?

Heres where I mounted mine, I obviously wasnt trying to hide it. I wanted to be able to easily adjust it while at the track

268926_88_full.jpg

Yup I still run 19s...I have 24s but havent added em yet as I need to score a MAF for em or chip it..My last dyno siad all was cool with the 19s...I run Scorp 1.6s.
I just added an Accu 75 when I did the new CAI for the GT40. Just registered the car today so I can start playing with it.

I run a Kirban so I don't know how this and that are gonna play together when it comes time to adj things up???

Kinda anxious to see how this little betty helps...I'll prolly just head up to the dyno and do a few pulls to see where things are to be safe...plus I like to see what things add pony wise...I wanna see what the gt40 upper and the 75TB have added or taken and how the 19s are holding up..