S/C ?'s...is this a good one

Roland69

Sergeant Tangnet
Sep 17, 2005
Port Elgin, Ontario
I found this for sale and the guy lives close to me. is this a good deal and are they a good unit. Any advice would be great guys

DSCN0156.jpg

here's his add

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have a novi 2000 with 2 pulleys for sale less then 1000km on head unit, polished brackets, belt and oil lines for 5.0L asking 3000 obo

Attachments

• DSCN0156.jpg
    DSCN0156.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Sponsors (?)

The Novi 2000 is a badass blower for sure, but if I was you I would look into a used SC-trim with a few upgrades. It will be all you ever need and could pick one up for probably ($1200 American) The novi would be overkill unless your planning on a dart blocked combo in the future.

Start negotiations at 65% of new purchase price. If I ever buy another blower it will be a Novi 2000

Agree'd

I see you have a crapperdyne lol how do you like it? I have one also, but how did you get 10psi outta it? I have a 10lb pulley with an AFM powerpipe and the most i see is 8psi when i was on the dyno, i need to redyno it due to blown headgasket causing a nasty surge problem while it was on the dyno that might possibly have been why i couldn't get above 8psi.

Agree'd

I see you have a crapperdyne lol how do you like it? I have one also, but how did you get 10psi outta it? I have a 10lb pulley with an AFM powerpipe and the most i see is 8psi when i was on the dyno, i need to redyno it due to blown headgasket causing a nasty surge problem while it was on the dyno that might possibly have been why i couldn't get above 8psi.

It actually made 12 psi at 5500 but it didnt matter because peak power was at 5000 rpms. ( 10psi ) I figured that was due to using the stock heads. My new motor will be a 331 with aluminum heads ( not sure which yet ) so I expect to see boost go down about 3psi.

It actually made 12 psi at 5500 but it didnt matter because peak power was at 5000 rpms. ( 10psi ) I figured that was due to using the stock heads. My new motor will be a 331 with aluminum heads ( not sure which yet ) so I expect to see boost go down about 3psi.

Hmmm possbily i never thought of that for some reason. The same thing happens on GTP's when you do exhaust mods like headers or 1.9 rockers sometimes etc. etc.

Mine peaked at 8psi at like 5900 and held till 6400rpm still making power so the dyno guy said, stock block though so i will never go that high obviously. He wanted to take it to 7k :eek: . I wish i had the dyno sheet but his computer on the dyno took a crap and he didn't save any of my stuff :nono: . You may lose PSI but it'll still make good power, the dyno guys were pretty amazed the little powerdyne made 425rwhp on my car he said he had never personally seen that kinda blower produce over 400rwhp. With the added alky injection i hope it hits 450rwhp next time i go up.