Saleen Body Kit Paint Match?

• Sponsors (?)

their body kits have NEVER matched colors. i looked at buying a brand new saleen in 2003 at ricart ford in columbus, they had a slew of them. what changed my mind was the poor quality of the fit/finish and the poor color match.

Well I have had it....

Great way to do business on a 50-60K car :notnice: there should no discussion when things are not right.... It is bad when my wife asks me what is wrong with the paint it is a different shade of silver on the hood and why do the rims look so bad the car is still new, my focus has 100k on it and my rims look new what is wrong?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=726050

What good is a warranty when they want to pick and chose what they are going to fix? THE CAR HAS WAS BOUGHT USED WITH 4300 MILES!

So, what's the deal? Are they (Ford/Saleen) refusing to fix what's wrong? That car has a 3/63 factory warranty for Ford parts. And Saleen should back thier add-ons. If they are not, don't let them take you for a ride. Go up the chain. Don't stop with just the dealership refusing to fix the problems, go corporate level to both Ford and Saleen. As I said before in your old post Saleen is truly falling apart. Wonder why Steve left?

Saleen calls the shots ford just does what they are told, I have taken your advice but it seems like there is no urgency in making things right.... All I need is that phone call saying we will make it right and we are sorry, we are not going to point blame , we want you as a customer, this is how we treat our customers and we will stand behind our product and the name on our product SALEEN...

I will lay low until I hear the final on Saleen, they are covering 3/4 of the issues but the other 1/4 to me are the big hitters which if I was to correct the other issues it would cost me a few K... I have to admit buyer beware but what kind of problems would you figure a car with 4300 miles on it would have? The sad part is this is all Saleen cosmetic, so far the powertrain felt good.... I bought this car as a show car so some of the issues need to be corrected for judging points and should not be showing up on a car of this cost nor this amount of time in private owner service 4 months...

WOW! That is absolutely shocking and annoying. Not that I mind the effort extended in drafting the comprehensive email, it simply annoys the crap out of me that no one even acknowledged receipt of it. Hmmmmmmm..... you would have thought that someone from the dealership would have at least acknowledged your existence. :nonono:

Sad, Sir. Yeeeaaaahhhhh...final thought...should have bought a "beater" Roush 427R for $50,000. :(

I called the dealer and spoke to somebody about getting ahold of the correct people at Saleen that I spoke to already...

If it was a case of dealer lot rot, address it to the selling dealer or suck it up and make the customer happy, honer the vehicle bumper to bumper warranty in full...

I should have ordered a new Gt500 white with blue stripes and then upgraded to the Roush Supercharger 600hp PLUS!

That will be next on the hit list, somebody will be getting a good deal on a Saleen because it will not be sold until it is perfect even if it has to come out of my pocket!

Ethical stance that I can appreciate. Rare in our world Dave. This is why folks like us take it in the butt. However, there is a bigger picture than serving ourselves.

Can you hear that sound? It's the beat of our own lonely drum called ethical morality.

Good luck with this mess and dumping that lemon-fresh pig once you get it back.