Fox Shaving engine bay, hood release?

Kid wita 5oh

I'm definitely not in the original hole
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2000
Saugus, MA
I'm in process of doing the scott rod fab panels and painting my engine bay, I'm trying to hide as much as possible. (Wiring etc..)

I'm also trying to hide the hood release cable, right now I have the body harness and hood cable coming through where the cruise stuff would in the driver's fender. The cable is about 3-4" too short...

Does anyone have a pathway that it will reach, or know of a longer cable that will work?

It's a stock hood and latch, and it will stay that way, hood pins or other latches aren't an option

• Sponsors (?)

Does anyone have a pathway that it will reach, or know of a longer cable that will work?

It's a stock hood and latch, and it will stay that way, hood pins or other latches aren't an option

I don't know about the cable length or routing, but as for hood pins if you're using a fiberglass hood I would SERIOUSLY reconsider and get some pins/latches. If it's a stock hood you'll be ok but otherwise do yourself a favor and get the insurance of pins.

I only partially shaved my engine bay and did a partial wire tuck. I am pretty sure i had the cable come out of the iriginal hole and then immediately routed it into the fender, but I will need to check. From there i ran it along the outside of the upper rail. You can kinda see it in this pic. I'll have to go doube check what hole it came through the firewall. I still have cruise so I doubt i used that hole for the cable.

IMG_7869.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
I’m looking at your vacuum tree....... wish I would’ve moved mine years ago ...... i’m going to relocate my radio ...... and just drive .......

I only partially shaved my engine bay and did a partial wire tuck. I am pretty sure i had the cable come out of the iriginal hole and then immediately routed it into the fender, but I will need to check. From there i ran it along the outside of the upper rail. You can kinda see it in this pic. I'll have to go doube check what hole it came through the firewall. I still have cruise so I doubt i used that hole for the cable.

IMG_7869.jpeg
Exactly this . Something is off with his routing . I’ve done 2-3 like that and no issue

I'm definitely not in the original hole, and want to try to keep it out of the bay completely.

I'll recheck under the dash to see if Im looped around a harness or something. If you guys are able to reach the latch making the turn into the strut tower I should have plenty the way I am doing it

@Mustang5L5 do you have more pics of how you routed your vacuum lines?

I searched for a good 10 mins but don't have any good pics unfortunately.

All i have is a sorta-pic showing it here. Essentially the main line from the intake connects to Source (on the left) and comes in from a hole on the rear of the strut tower. I have hydroboost so I don't need to feed the brake booster. My cruise just gets a small jumper to the module, but I run the AC line through the cowl.

1706714473306.png

The line with the red arrow goes through the cowl over to the other side where I feed the HVAC stuff behind the strut tower.

1706714829408.png

I looked for better pics but guess i didn't take any. Everything under the fenders now

Reactions: 1 user
Bay is painted, didn't go full crazy will filling holes but it's definitely way nicer now. Figured I'd throw some pics here rather than start a new thread.
Assembly coming soon

PXL_20240127_192448328.MP.jpg PXL_20240127_192443601.MP~2.jpg IMG_7306.jpg received_222169920979527.jpeg IMG_7315.jpg