Roush Saleen Shifter ?

SyberSaint

Founding Member
Oct 24, 2000
San Antonio, Texas
Hello Guys,

I hope that you are all well today. Can any of you tell me what type of shifter Saleen used in their cars? The shift throw, and feel, is so much different than that of my 01 GT. I did not buy the Saleen new, so the shifter MAY have been changed out. :shrug:

Thanks,

Dale

• Sponsors (?)

I have read that the Steeda Tri-Ax shifters are one of the best, but that they make quite a bit of gear noise. Is there any way to keep the noise down???

Dale

It's a great shifter and it does have some gear noise. I have a hard time hearing over my exhaust though. There is a guy that makes a gasket that is supposed to get rid of most of the noise. Not sure what board he's on.

not quite sure what year you're talking, but in my 01 it was stock ford shifter. i think they usually only change the shifter handle for throw, but i put the Steeda Tri-Ax and that is by far the best shifter ever made!

my 06 extreme has a saleen shifter but im not crazy about it...definately better than stock though.

not quite sure what year you're talking, but in my 01 it was stock ford shifter. i think they usually only change the shifter handle for throw, but i put the Steeda Tri-Ax and that is by far the best shifter ever made!

my 06 extreme has a saleen shifter but im not crazy about it...definately better than stock though.

On the 1999-2004 S281 Saleen utilized the bargain basement Hurst short throw with the stock handle and rubber shifter bushing.