Roush Saleen Speedline Magnesium Lug Nuts

santlu

May 5, 2006
California
Hi All,

I have a set of 4 18X8.5 rwheels and wanted to put them on my Mustang but after reading a few threads I hear we need a special $200 lug nut set? Anyone know the reason why? Also, if they are special order where can I purchase a set of these?

• Sponsors (?)

S351R"Animal" said:
Coast High Perf is who makes them for Joe

Right.

But for the same reason Joe sells Saleen parts a bit cheaper then Saleen sells the same parts....applies to the lugs also. I know because I bought my set from Joe (stainless lugnuts) for less than CHP's prce.

Scott!

How have you been? There is a red 1966 GT350 I was lookin at on ebay and it's in your neighborhood. How is the "Animal"? Any updates?

S351R"Animal" said:
Coast High Perf is who makes them for Joe

Coast High Performance!! :bang: I knew I was close but I couldn't remember the exact name. I do, however, remember their moving billboard, AKA the SN95black mustang GT that wore straight flames with every product CHP sold for that mustang bodystyle. It was at Knott's few times and I remember it being for sale recently, maybe Ebay??:shrug:

marcus95 said:
Right.

But for the same reason Joe sells Saleen parts a bit cheaper then Saleen sells the same parts....applies to the lugs also. I know because I bought my set from Joe (stainless lugnuts) for less than CHP's prce.

Scott!

How have you been? There is a red 1966 GT350 I was lookin at on ebay and it's in your neighborhood. How is the "Animal"? Any updates?

I am closer to that car than Scott, about 30 min away from me. I know Shelbys too. We sold our concourse 67 GT350 and 68 GT 500 about a year ago. Let me know if you want me to look at it for you.

2000xp8 said:
You guys failed to answer the question "why?".

Not that i need them, i'm just curious, how do they look too?

Sorry Joe,

The stock from the factory lugs ( with sleeves ) for the magnesium wheels are very brittle and have failed under stress. That is why Joe had CHP/Probe make these lugs for him. These lugs from Joe and CHP are stainless, strong, but of course most importantly, beautiful.

FASN8N said:
I am closer to that car than Scott, about 30 min away from me. I know Shelbys too. We sold our concourse 67 GT350 and 68 GT 500 about a year ago. Let me know if you want me to look at it for you.

I wish.

My wife and my daughter have somehow spent most of my Shelby money over the last year. Thanks for the offer though. Looks like Howard would approve of that red 66 I mentioned. Did you see the 65? Oh man.