Salvage or Repo Auction ?

• Sponsors (?)

I live in Belleville, IL.

I haven't heard of anything for the standard consumer to just go to for auto auctions. Sometimes you can find a car at an estate auction. I bought a truck at a estate auction, cleaned it up and made $800. But, This little farm town area sucks so you may have to look towards STL or contact STL police and see if they have police auctions and when. That is about the only way you will get a car. I know that towing yards have auctions, but you have to read the paper every day to see if you can see one. Some times only one person will show up to the auction at a towing/impound yard. I had a good friend that drove tow truck.

Send me a PM if you want to meet at Gateway for a run down the 1/4! I am always looking for Friday night pals!

Chris

In springfield il at the fairgrounds they have auctions... mostly cop cars and state vehicles , and some drug seized type stuff, i have a friend that works for a taxi co. that goes there to buy their taxis(cop cars)

there are auto auctions all over my area of town. Some are for dealers only, others are public auctions. You can look in the yellow pages under auto's for auctions, etc. Call information and see.

go to banks around town and ask about repo'd cars. Go to town hall and ask about estate auctions and police auctions, they can generally point you in the right direction.