Scammer alert-Ray Cook

canadian88lx

Nov 7, 2004
I sent $1000 for some e-brock aluminum cyl. heads. I never got them and no money refunded. Here is his name and address:
Ray Cook
295 Belmont Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R2V 0Y5
Can anybody help me out? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

canadian88lx said:
I sent $1000 for some e-brock aluminum cyl. heads. I never got them and no money refunded. Here is his name and address:
Ray Cook
295 Belmont Ave.
Winnipeg, Manitoba
R2V 0Y5
Can anybody help me out? Thanks.
How long has it been since you sent him the money? How did you send it?

I sent him a personal cheque back in July and agreed to wait until it cleared for him to send the heads. He sends a fake tracking number and a big B.S. story. He then says the heads are damaged and will refund my money. He sends 4 post dated cheques and when I try to cash the first one it bounces. I try to contact him and he won't return my calls. He then changes his phone number. If you do a search on the corral under 86killa all the threads will come up. Don't say call the police because I have and they were useless. I would appreciate any help I could get as I live in Ont. Thanks.

Aw crap, that's friggen nasty. Did the cops at least tell how to go about going through small claims court? If not, that would be a good place to start. I've had trouble similer to that in the past, I talked to the cops and they said I would have to take him to small claims, as they couldn't do much, but would give him a call and try and scare him into giving my money back, if it didn't work, the cop said to let him know and he would tell me how to go about taking this guy to court. The scare tactic worked, I got my money back the next week.

canadian88lx said:
None what so ever. I was really hoping someone near him could help me out. Anyone have an updated phone#?
That sucks. I live in Mb, but I'm about 5 hours from Winnipeg, so I can't really help much. At least you have his name and address.

yea unfortunately the police are usless.. i ordered a hood from internationalmustang.. who have since changed their name to newyorkmustang.. and used to be canadiancustomfiberglass(i didnt find this out till after)... never got it, talked to the city police, and the rcmp, and they basically told me to go save up and buy another one :mad: oh well.. i have a hood from tolkenfiberglass now :).. just wasted 500 bucks :(

Thank you everyone for your help. I am going to post on all of those. I really appreciate the mustang community in Winnipeg doing this. I hope if enough people ask him for my money he will do the right thing.