SCT 90mm MAF Meter Q's

MustangOwner

Banned
Dec 13, 2006
Hey guys i'm gonna be ordering one of those SCT 90mm BA2800 MAF Meters with the adaptor and filter. I was just wondering how do you go about connecting it to your wiring harness. I assume its not a plug and play sorta deal?... So do you have to buy a wiring harness that plugs into the SCT meter and then splice it into the exsisting one? Any help would be appreciated!

View attachment 376865

View attachment 376866

• Sponsors (?)

It's been a while since I even saw mine (it's in the fenderwell) but you cut your stock MAF plug off and either attach it straight to the housing on the SCT MAF or it comes with a new plug to wire your wires to. It's simple whichever way it is, I just can't remember.

It's been a while since I even saw mine (it's in the fenderwell) but you cut your stock MAF plug off and either attach it straight to the housing on the SCT MAF or it comes with a new plug to wire your wires to. It's simple whichever way it is, I just can't remember.

I think i'm gonna need a plug in. Wonder if i could call them and ask them about that?

Now that I think of it I do believe it comes with (or you can buy separately) a plug that you splice to your harness from the car. It has 4 wires coming from it, and you mate the 4 center wires on your stock harness (leave the outside wires alone or tape them off) to it and plug it in. That's all it is.

alrighty, do you know by chance where i could pick up one of those "plug ins" for the Meter. I'm almost certain that meter does not include the wiring harness. Where did you get yours from?

Yes. You can probably mess around with an FMU to get it working right but...

The thing about these meters is they never peg. I ran into that problem with my 77mm Pro M.

I've been thinking about getting one of those meters as well. I've got a used Pro-M that I'm starting to believe is the root of all evil.

How is your low end resolution and drivability with that SCT?