SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip

Makdaddymac

May 28, 2005
orlando
hey american muscle sells this listed for SCT Mustang 4-Bank Eliminator Chip 88-04 stangs?
I was wondering how this could be? is there such thing as over the counter budget tuning:rolleyes:.... Is this a misprint or consideration to the maf'd 88 cali stangs? has anyone used one of these after a few bolt on and noticed anything? is there such thing as a Speed Density chip?

im curious about tuning, but i think my tunign is just going to be a MAF conversion. (maf adapter,a9l,and a regualr 5.0 maf). im not going to say my mods have messed up the SD but it seems like there is a need for some precise tuning. and i think a maf conversion will help. ive been on here before talking about this and read about all he opinions, but i cannot find people who have did the conversion that really noticed a big difference....usualy people just convert for more options down the road...

• Sponsors (?)

They work on 87-04 Mustangs. MAF or not i don't think matters. You do not have to have a shop tune them, although it is recommended. You can get a tune from SCT and I am pretty sure you get so many free. However all cars respond differently so there is not a 1 size fits all tune, so keep that in mind. This is more for mild bolt on cars.

Anything w/ a power adder really should be dyno tuned, and you can use the same chip. I like the switch on the fly between tune.

okay so if i go to a dyno/tune they can work with my sd. the internet is not really partial to SD tuning, its out there but maf tuning floods over all the forums and searches.
what would be more beneficial i can spend little around 200-300 for a maf swap, just need the adapter,wire,and a sensor and ecu. and baout the same for a tune correct? but then i have a tuned sd and not a tuned maf..

Honestly from your mods that I see in your sig you will not gain hardly anything from a tune (some have even lost power from a mail-order tune). A dyno tune w/chip is ~$600 - hardly worth it for a bolt-on car. If it were me I would do a MAF conversion for future upgrades/mods.

exactly i just want maybe a blower diwn the road is there any diy tuning can do to the SD, or should i just got maf. i just dont want to lose some hp with a maf. like i said before i dont hear a lot of people ranting on about a maf swap it seems to be the mod for future plans not for anything else:shrug: