Sea Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I have been using seafoam over 10 years ( I have been a pro mechanic for over 25 years). I have never had a problem with it. I even use it to clean my 44 mag, when I shoot hot loads:D

The bad thing happen when people do not read instructions and/or cause there own problems with it then blame the product.:shrug:

I've used it on my Jeep, Mustang, and beater truck with no i'll results.

I didn't notice any huge improvments but it sure did make for a fun smoke show, I guess it did do its job.

i've used it on every car i've owned, and my moms car, and a friends car..
The truth is it's in my experience completley useless. It's all placebo effect, for meanyway, and it makes for a nice smoke show. People claim to feel diffrences, etc. but in my experience it's just smoke, and i'm willing to bet you probably won't notice a diffrence either.
Its cheap and easy to use. Go buy it, have some fun with it, then call it a day.

you've gotta be a real idiot to mess something up with it man. I just shove it in a vaccum line as fast as i can, just making sure it doesnt stall out.. i truly believe it's not possible to hydrolock the engine with this, unless your REALLY jinxed. if your taking ANY sort of preventive measures, i don't see any way possible for you to do any harm.

That being said, i'm pretty confident that seafoam is a useless product. maybe when used a machine it may have some uses, but even then there are products that do the job better, like BG for example. I'd use it in my lawn mower though

I have been using seafoam over 10 years ( I have been a pro mechanic for over 25 years). I have never had a problem with it. I even use it to clean my 44 mag, when I shoot hot loads:D

The bad thing happen when people do not read instructions and/or cause there own problems with it then blame the product.:shrug:

thats genious!.. i'm tottaly using that on my guns!

My car runs good with 79K, made good RWHP Saturday, and runs low 14's spinning the tires like a mad man, so I think I'll stay away from all fuel cleaning products. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I've used over 10 cans on my car (2 while it's been blown) and 0 issues. No huge gains, but no issues.

It's worth the smoke show ;)

i personally dont believe in this product in being what everyone claims it does... its designeed supposed to clean the carbon from the motor... with that being said i have used it b4... i used to use it about every 10k in my stang up until bout 6 months ago when i tore my motor down...apart from maybe cleaning very very very light carbon or debris out of the intake it doesnt do anything... i still have my pistons out of my vehicle now and to clean them i have to give it numerous baths of seafoam, bg fuel system cleaner, and motorcraft carb cleaner and still had to use a razor blade to remove all the carbon on the pistons... i personally baby the hell out of my car when it comes to maintnences and preventative maint. but to have to soak them bout 10 times and still scrap after the seafoam itself.... well i think u get the drift lol.....

I just had an epiphany (or however the hell you spell it)... if Seafoam does in fact not work... that means we're all ricers doing it just for the smoke show... *gasp*

Status
Not open for further replies.