Selling 99 GT to get 04 Cobra, what will i run in 1/4 with mods?

35th99gt

Sep 16, 2006
Time for an upgrade, going to sale my 99GT and going to buy 04 cobra, but just wondering what kinda 1/4 numbers i should be able to run with mods i am looking to put into the cobra.

3.10 pulley
O/R xpipe
bassani CB
accufab TB

car only has 3k miles, what kinda numbers would i run in 1/4?

• Sponsors (?)

Slower than 10 seconds, but faster than 14 :shrug:
If you drive well it should put you solidley in the 12's

This is not tech really so I moved it to talk.

The correct word is sell, not sale. (Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine)

As for your question... the combination you listed should be good for mid to low 12's depending on how well you get off the line (60 ft time) without wheel-hop. Then there's always the driver mod which can hurt or help depending.

I see you are choosing to run a 3.10... may I ask what drove you to this choice? It wasn't because you thought you may be able to run it without first getting a tune was it? :nonono:

U.M.

This is not tech really so I moved it to talk.

The correct word is sell, not sale. (Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine)

As for your question... the combination you listed should be good for mid to low 12's depending on how well you get off the line (60 ft time) without wheel-hop. Then there's always the driver mod which can hurt or help depending.

I see you are choosing to run a 3.10... may I ask what drove you to this choice? It wasn't because you thought you may be able to run it without first getting a tune was it? :nonono:

U.M.

you NEED a tune with 3.10??

you NEED a tune with 3.10??
Yes when coupled with exhaust & intake mods like you are describing. Every intake/exhaust mod on these cars has thw ability to change the AFR. Stack them on top of each other and you don't know where you're at. The only way you can run a 3.10 without a tune is if it is THE ONLY MOD on the car, and even then it's not the smart thing to do. These cars are tough, but they can't handle a lean condition for long without eating themselves alive. Don't gamble.

U.M.

Yes when coupled with exhaust & intake mods like you are describing. Every intake/exhaust mod on these cars has thw ability to change the AFR. Stack them on top of each other and you don't know where you're at. The only way you can run a 3.10 without a tune is if it is THE ONLY MOD on the car, and even then it's not the smart thing to do. These cars are tough, but they can't handle a lean condition for long without eating themselves alive. Don't gamble.

U.M.

so should i forget 3.10 and got with 2.81?

That's up to you. I guess if you're going to pulley and tune it you might as well make it worth while. I personally went with a 2.93 because my blower isn't ported and I didn't want to over spin it. A 2.81 won't get you more than a couple HP over the 2.93, just more torque and more heat.

U.M.

Hows much boost will a 2.93 yield?

JDM used to have a Spreadsheet out there that you could plug in different pulley combos and it would calculate approx your boost.

I am sure you have seen it, I have just lost it. If you have it, you might post it.

(The FAQ also has a chart in 3.6.1.)
I know the one you're talking about, but I don't have a link. I do have this Excel spreadsheet which shows all the different combo's, their estimated boost levels, and the maximum blower RPM's. Even has some graphs too!

U.M.

Excel Spreadsheet download here.