Serpentine Belt Tensioner - How do you release tension?

I am replacing the serpentine belt on my Mustang and see what appears to be the belt tensioner but can't see you you can release the tension to install a new alternator. Most tensioners have a place where you can place a socket to release tension while putting on the belt but I can't seem to find it. The larger torx bolt in the center is not moving so I have to assume it is just to bolt the whole tensioner to the car. Help is much appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You don't see a square hole like the kind used in a socket ratcht near the end? Normally the square end of a socket wrench is just the tool for the job.

How about posting pictures?
Here you go. Sorry for the delay. The center bolt is a large torx bolt. It seems to hold the whole thing on but doesn't appear to be what releases the tension (unless it's crazy tight because I can't move it).

IMG00952.jpg IMG00955.jpg IMG00954.jpg IMG00957.jpg

I use a 15mm socket on the hex bolt right on the pulley at the end of the arm. Just lift in a clockwise direction. If the bolt moves a little that's ok because it is a left hand thread, it just means the bolt is getting tighter.

if yours is the same as mine then you should be able to use a 1/2 in or 3/8 in (i don't remember which ) rachet or breaker bar in the small square hole(shown in the pics above). use the rachet to pry the ension to loosen the belt. becareful when prying though because if the rachet is not far enough in the hole it will round it

if yours is the same as mine then you should be able to use a 1/2 in or 3/8 in (i don't remember which ) rachet or breaker bar in the small square hole(shown in the pics above). use the rachet to pry the ension to loosen the belt. becareful when prying though because if the rachet is not far enough in the hole it will round it
^What I was going to say, that's what that little square hole there is for. That looks 3/8 in. to me but I could be wrong.