Shorties and Long Tubes

mhanksii

Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
OK so the question is: If I put some tuned equal, length BBK shortie headers with either a high flow cat H pipe or off road H pipe wouldn't that be about the same gain as long tubes? :shrug:

All I have to back this idea is ricer math so please educate me. :Track:

• Sponsors (?)

Short tube headers are a waste of time and money. Unless all your going for is sound. It will improve sound but for the money you get crap for power gains with shorties. Long tubes are the only way to go if you want power. Especially if you plan on going with forced induction. Long tube headers help much more with cylinder scavenging than shorties and that is where the most power is to be had with exhaust modifacation. So if you want to do exhaust but don't want to spend the money on long tubes right now. Go with a un-catted or high flow catted mid-pipe and axle back muffler setup. IMHO this is the best bang for buck (and sound) without going with longtubes. :nice:

I agree If your not going long tube just go mid pipe and back, From what I have read the stock exhaust mainifolds flow as good as any shorty headers and wolnt give enough gain to notice.