Should I add Meth to the car?

What would you do?

• Total voters

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
As of now, the car puts down 630rwhp/565rwtq. We saw 15psi at the top of the runs with a 3.5" upper and an 8" lower. I bought a smaller pulley(3.0") before my previous tune and the way things were going (power-wise) it would've been +/- 700rwhp and I would've maxed out my injectors. So I swapped the pulley to the 3.5" and went back and that's when the car put down the 630 number.

Anyways, lately I have been thinking about adding meth to the car and I'm not really sure what to do. The motor can take it. I already have the pulley and the right belt, I'd just have to buy the meth kit, upgrade to 83# injectors.

What would you do?

Leave it alone?

Swap to the 3.0" and spray meth pre-compressor?

Leave the 3.5" pulley and spray meth pre-compressor ontop of that? I'm not sure if the benefits would be worth the cost; if it would cool the charge anymore. i'm seeing intake temps in the 90* range with my air/air

• Sponsors (?)

Do the pulley and see how it goes, you can only get the air down so much, and right now with your air temps at 90* i wouldnt even worry about it, I think that is pretty good. thats not even that high over ambient. you can always add the meth later. Pulley it smaller, get it retuned and see how it runs.

I agree with 90lxcoupe and bentley... 90 degree IATs are pretty damn good considering the size of the compressor you're running and the power you're making, you'll only be able to overcome so much heat of compression before you see those temps start to rise. I'm sure your intercooler is doing wonders for IATs anyway. I'd change the pulley and see how it responds. By the way, is this a street car?

"Meth" is bad for your car!

ugliestmustangeverlead.jpg

:lol:

i have a setup simular to yours, meth reduced my intake temps by almost 100 degres and increased hp/tq around 50-80hp well worth it for the cooling effect because i assume your setup is non intercooled

i have a setup simular to yours, meth reduced my intake temps by almost 100 degres and increased hp/tq around 50-80hp well worth it for the cooling effect because i assume your setup is non intercooled

S&B can't not read good. :D

He's actually running a NOVI 2000 with a custom front mount a/a intercooler. He's stated that his IATs are currently around 90*F.

I agree with 90lxcoupe and bentley... 90 degree IATs are pretty damn good considering the size of the compressor you're running and the power you're making, you'll only be able to overcome so much heat of compression before you see those temps start to rise. I'm sure your intercooler is doing wonders for IATs anyway. I'd change the pulley and see how it responds. By the way, is this a street car?

it is a street car. cage will be next on the list though.

okay i cant read, i would f the meth, your power numbers are good and not very usable anyway i detuned mine to put our around 600 and at least it doesnt want to jump in the ditch as much as it used to.

depending on your tuning method, meth is just another way to break things is something goes wrong

i figure meth is better than weed. if you give your car weed its just gonna want to sit in the garage and burn gas for no reason. if you give it meth, it might disassemble itself and put itself back together a bunch of times just cuz it cant sit still.. but none the less drugs are bad. 3" pulley and meth with bigger injectors 700+hp.. sounds good to me :nice: the faster you spin the charger the higher the iat's are gonna rise. gonna need something to compensate