Should I add Meth to the car?

What would you do?

• Total voters
i figure meth is better than weed. if you give your car weed its just gonna want to sit in the garage and burn gas for no reason. if you give it meth, it might disassemble itself and put itself back together a bunch of times just cuz it cant sit still.. but none the less drugs are bad. 3" pulley and meth with bigger injectors 700+hp.. sounds good to me :nice: the faster you spin the charger the higher the iat's are gonna rise. gonna need something to compensate

:lol:

• Sponsors (?)

Put the 3" pulley on and spray meth to compensate for injectors that are too small. :D

yea thats a AWESOME idea, definitly do that... :scratch:

I hooked up the meth for my third dyno pull without tuning for it. Put down 20 less horsepower for a total of 431. I'm gonna be getting a new tune for it and a smaller pulley. I say go for it.

Its gonna make less power if you dont add timing, the point of meth is to reduce the intake temps, and add timing which will lead to more HP, but if you are not cooling the intake temps down signifigantly then it may cost you power cause if the charge isnt cooler you cant add timing. So same timing, plus fuel, plus meth on top of that= less power. I read through that thread with the KB/intercooled setup, and he had meth on that thing, from what i remember the meth did next to nothing on the intercooled KB.

There are also alot of varibles with a setup like yours and on that level there are no cut and dry answers, running the novi through all that piping and then trying to get close to 20psi out of it is definitly pushing that blower, but i think it can take it. What you should do when you put the bigger injectors on the car, with the pulley is retune it, then datalog the car just driving around regularly around tow, then beat on it for a while, mabye a couple highway pulls and record all the air temps and the ambient air temperature and go from there.

OK I've never owned nor tuned a 630 RWHP car, but here is my logic on meth: When you build a car to run on meth, its really like building a car on nitrous. When you run out, you have to pick up your toys, leave the sandbox, and go home. The merit behind a turbo or a supercharger is that it's always on and never runs out. It seems to me that building a "street car" to run on meth is just giving you more stuff to think about and limits how much you can play.

Just my .02

i gotta get the cage put in anyways and work on fixing my cooling issue. i guess the meth can wait :stirpot:

all very good points, especially s&b's. over 600rwhp, the car becomes a handful. i'll work on getting the car to hook and fixing some little things here and there. eventually i'll get to the meth

I say it cause i know chris, and ive seen that car in person a ton of times, its probably one of the cleanest verts around here and mabye even the cleanest fox mustang in the area, and the car has never been to the track. I'm not saying he isnt gonna take it to he track, but the officials around these tracks are pretty lax, it would be one thing if he was at the track once or twice a month and the tech guys were getting on his back about how fast the car was but thats not gonna happen, you could tell the techs the car is gonna run 12.20's and they would believe it. I know someone who has personally run quite a few mid-high 9 second passes and they kinda turn a blind eye to it.

If i could go back i would have just done through the floor subframes and fixed my tq boxes, i like having the rollbar in there, but i havent been to one track that has even looked at my tags on my harness. I saw a car on the bullet that had a sweet setup, it was basically a unfinished 25.3 setup that had everthing done to the floors to stiffen the car up but it didnt have any bars in it, to me thats kind of the best of both worlds

I say it cause i know chris, and ive seen that car in person a ton of times, its probably one of the cleanest verts around here and mabye even the cleanest fox mustang in the area, and the car has never been to the track. I'm not saying he isnt gonna take it to he track, but the officials around these tracks are pretty lax, it would be one thing if he was at the track once or twice a month and the tech guys were getting on his back about how fast the car was but thats not gonna happen, you could tell the techs the car is gonna run 12.20's and they would believe it. I know someone who has personally run quite a few mid-high 9 second passes and they kinda turn a blind eye to it.

If i could go back i would have just done through the floor subframes and fixed my tq boxes, i like having the rollbar in there, but i havent been to one track that has even looked at my tags on my harness. I saw a car on the bullet that had a sweet setup, it was basically a unfinished 25.3 setup that had everthing done to the floors to stiffen the car up but it didnt have any bars in it, to me thats kind of the best of both worlds

I've thought about this before with my car. My goals eventually (eventually being the key word there) include running 10s, but I don't like the thought of butchering my interior for a 'bar. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Not tot mention the saftey aspect of a cage in a 600whp car.

On the flip side any exposed steel bars in a street car is just one more place to slam your head off of if you were ever involved in a traffic accident. Its one thing if your wearing a helmet, but it wouldnt be fun if you nailed your head off the main hoop if somone t-boned you crossing an intersection

I kinda agree with 90lx. At times I wish I didn't put a cage in my car, track I go to is pretty laid back so it doesn't really need it. For me I am only about 5' 7" so when I am strapped in my head does not come in contact with any bar. For all of my friends thats not the case as everyone I know is taller. Plus it gives it a little more of a sleeper look.

On the flip side any exposed steel bars in a street car is just one more place to slam your head off of if you were ever involved in a traffic accident. Its one thing if your wearing a helmet, but it wouldnt be fun if you nailed your head off the main hoop if somone t-boned you crossing an intersection

thats what roll bar padding is for

verts need it when they pass 13.99, IIRC. i'm not saying i'll be running 10's or anything right off the bat, but it'll be nice to have it already there. i'm getting the cage, through the floor subframes, and an anti-roll bar.

the car will twist like a pretzel

thats what roll bar padding is for

Ever put padding on a bmx bike frame? and then rack your nutss of of it? Well if you havent it still hurts, and if that was the case, then would you put foam thats 3/4" thick around an aluminum bat and let someone hit you in the face with it?

verts need it when they pass 13.99, IIRC. i'm not saying i'll be running 10's or anything right off the bat, but it'll be nice to have it already there. i'm getting the cage, through the floor subframes, and an anti-roll bar.

the car will twist like a pretzel

If you stiffen up the subframe on the car its not gonna twist, i think that and the ARB and you'll be good, how often do you plan on going to the track? and im tellin ya, if your going to lebanaon you will pass tech. My car the most they do is make sure the battery is in right and send me on my way