Forced Induction Should i go turbo

Chad91gt

Mar 2, 2017
So here is a list of things that I have
bbk cold air intake, mild cam, pulleys, SVE throttle body & manifold, Edelbrock aluminum heads, bbk injectors & fuel rail, aluminum radiator and electric fans with temperature control, red top optima battery, custom x pipe, MSD wires & ignition & spark plugs/wires, Pypes Python mufflers. I want to add force induction. I can get a twin turbo set up everything I need for 2k. Was wondering everyone's thought if its worth it and can the block hold up to that ?

• Sponsors (?)

Block will hold up. Check with your cam guy or source to determine if spring rates need to be adjusted. The common belief is that the block should hold up to 500 rwhp reliably assuming a good tune, and girdles/ other reinforcements are a waste. You'll make 500 rwhp no problem with your current setup plus a turbo at 15psi or less. You'd probably have to beef up your fuel system to 42 lbs injectors, a 255 LPH pump + in-line pump, or a boost-a-pump, or a bigger fuel pump (340 seems a popular one). You'll have to check with others about the stock fuel lines, but the rails should be ok at that power level.

Also, just plan on getting the car tuned by a pro on a dyno in person. Don't bother with mail order stuff.
$2k for a complete high end turbo kit is not a bad deal, but that's accepting your "everything I need" comment at face value. What kit is it? Which turbos? Intercooler?

You forgot these

1531517183934.jpeg

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users