Side Scoops

The scoops on the 99+ cars are held on by plastic push pins and double stick tape. There really isn't a need to pull the interior panel off to remove it.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/scoops2.htm

No there really isn't a kit to make the scoops functional. Early SN95's (94-95) did have a functional scoop. It would vent air through a channel and dump it inside the wheel well. Didn't really do much so Ford phased it out around mid-95/96.

It won't really help anyway. The stock GT solid rotors blow ass in terms of performance. :(

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang5L5 said:
The scoops on the 99+ cars are held on by plastic push pins and double stick tape. There really isn't a need to pull the interior panel off to remove it

There was no tape on mine...(I'm assuming the v6s ones have tape?) pick the scoop style you want to keep... go to www.50resto.com and order the oppostie side one that matches (shouldn't be too expensive) get it painted (30-80 bucks) and pop it on... the one you don't want will rip off with minor effort.

I would bet it's more of a body damage repair mistake than a manufacture mistake. When I was rear ended I had to have one of my rear interior inner panels replaced. I have a black interior that is a standard Mustang thing for the years up to mine. Then when I picked it up, my panel looked black till I pulled the car out of the shop bay and lowered the top. It was dark charcoal (standard on the '99+). The repair place insisted it was the same color. I had to slap them up side the heads till they saw the difference that a ponyboy can see right away. Someone who ordered it either just had it in stock or ordered it and didn't pay attention to the differences. I doubt the assembly line got a rouge v6 piece in a v8 run...

dam its insane to even think you can **** up on something that noticeable.

dont they know two per car, and if they(ford) ends up with an odd number, shouldnt they know someone ****ed up somewhere?

its probably a body damage thing, car was sideswiped and killed the scoop, and a new one was ordered(but year was not specified), painted and installed and nobody either noticed or they failed to mention.

id look in the inner wells for damage, and take the scoops off and match them up, i guarantee the paint probably wont match up.

I could totally buy that it was an assembly line mixup. The V6 models got the 99-00 style scoop so both would be preset in the assembly process.

I've seen stuff like this before.

I've seen a Bullitt with GT quarter trim on one side. I've seen a Mach 1 come with a 13" brake on one side, and a GT/V6 11" brake setup on the other side.

I've seen an '01 Cobra with one Bullitt caliper on.

Plenty of GT's came with V6 emblems on one side.

'05 Guys were having V6 rear medalions in place of the GT badge in the rear.

It's not just Ford either. I had a friend that ordered a Brand new '05 Maxima with factory HID's. When he got it, he drove home. I saw the car a few nights later and noticed he had one HID light and one regular halogen light! He was pissed!

I just took my scoop off today and there is no tape, just 6 push pins.

It seems like the 99-00 style scoops aren't as large as the 01-04 scoops, and it leaves a portion of unfinished paint exposed. I really wanted to go with the 99-00 scoops, and bought them for nothing :mad:

sirpoofington said:
Did a carfax report the other day, no accidents, perhaps it was just a factory mistake.

slight possibility... but the only way I would accept this, is if the car was an 06 or 07... I just can't see this car going this long without some one fixing it. Either way get yourself a new scoop... or better yet grab 2 bullitt scoops :hail2:

sirpoofington said:
Did a carfax report the other day, no accidents, perhaps it was just a factory mistake.

Since they just snap off, it could be that a previous owner had one stolen, and just replaced it with what ever he could get cheap (the only one available at his local salvage yard?) prior to selling the car.

I upgraded to Xenon headlights for my new Mazda 6. The driver's side one was messed up. Apparently the loser that installed them failed to look at them afterwards. Big business sucks and so do poor employees that work at these places.... took them 35 minutes to check me out of the service department the other day to pick up my car that they had all day to fix a headlight bulb. And I was in front of the line. I'll be complaining on the questionaire I should get soon about their service.