Small amount of water in the oil....

Stangler

A.K.A. Mr. Hankey
Founding Member
Dec 20, 2001
Ok, I just did a build up on my 88' 5.0. Bottom end got new bearings, oil pump, gaskets, trickflow stage one cam, timing chain, water pump, ported stock heads(with stock valves) beehive springs, 1.6 compcams rocker arms, 302 EFI truck lower(looks similar to a Holley systemmax) and the turbo stuff...

I'm getting just a slight amount of water in the oil only in the drive side rocker area. If you look at the pic's in my sig, it's almost directly under the an-10 fitting that goes to my crankcase evac can.(Breather)

Is there a leak someplace else and the evap water is going there because of the vent? What's up? I can't see any leaks in that area, RTV on the bottom head bolts is good, and there is good pressure in the cooling system. I've changed the oil twice and can't see anything. The plugs look great. It looks good. Please, if you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

is it just mositure or is it water. whats the longest you have it running since you had everthing apart. has the oil gotten to operating temp for more then 15 mins. you said you changed the oil. next time try and see exactly how much comes out. have you had to add any coolant. if it was my car and it was just moisture i would run it for a while till th eoil pressure drops down to on mine 9psi at idle that tells me the oil is hot enough to evaporate any left over water from when everthing was apart.

I thought so too, but last night I switched valve covers side to side and it was still there on the driver side. The vent was on the pass side. I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the intake and see what's going on. It's enough water that it makes me worried. I'll let ya know what I find. Thanks guys.

Nate