SN 95 Brakes on a classic?

• Sponsors (?)

Hub Photo for HSR

Here's a photo of the (new) hub I'm using for the G2C (Granada-to-Cobra) conversion that you were asking about.

The hub is from a '70 Mustang front disc brake rotor assembly. --Wagner p/n BD60210. I've been looking for just the hub alone without having to buy the whole rotor assembly in order to get the hub, but so far no luck.

The hub could be from a '70-'73 drum or disc brake Mustang. --Anyone know where you can get just the '70-'73 hubs (new) without having to buy the entire drum/disc assembly?

I dug through several bins at O'Reilly's to come up with the wheel studs. They are p/n 610-290.

The machined aluminum rotor centering ring, shown on the snout of the hub, is a component I barrowed from our Mk VII & SN-95 V6-GT/Cobra rear disc brake conversion kits. It fits nicely, and keeps the rotor centered off the hub's snout, and not relying on the wheel's studs. (too much slop in wheel stud holes in the rotor to reliably keep the rotor centered).

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6990/g2csplashshield008dk7.jpg

www.ultrastang.com

Ultra,

I have a couple emails from you at home. Will respond to them this evening.

CD will go out tomorrow.

Tweet,

I've sent you a couple PM's, but haven't heard back from you. Let me know if you would please.

Thanks,

hsr said:
Ultra,

I have a couple emails from you at home. Will respond to them this evening.

CD will go out tomorrow.

Tweet,

I've sent you a couple PM's, but haven't heard back from you. Let me know if you would please.

Thanks,

Thanks for putting the CD together. I took my left side Granada spindle and a 13" Cobra rotor and a caliper to the machine shop yesterday, to show them what I was wanting to do to adapt these parts to fit the Granada spindles.

They are working on a CNC'd caliper adapter bracket for it now.

I would still be interested in seeing the drawings you've included on the disc. --thanks!

tweet66 said:
Ultra,
Baer makes a bracket to do this with their kit. I have a drawign with the dimensions somewhere on disc at home. I'll try to find it when I get home and post a pic.

I appreciate your offer. I have my own design the machine shop is working on presently. I don't know how soon they will have my proto-types made, since they said they're pretty much booked up until December. Since the Middle Easterners won't act right, the machine shop is having to run around the clock producing components for the defense industry.

With any luck, hopefully they'll squeeze my components in and have them ready soon. :)

ultrastang said:
Here's a photo of the (new) hub I'm using for the G2C (Granada-to-Cobra) conversion that you were asking about.

The hub is from a '70 Mustang front disc brake rotor assembly. --Wagner p/n BD60210. I've been looking for just the hub alone without having to buy the whole rotor assembly in order to get the hub, but so far no luck.

The hub could be from a '70-'73 drum or disc brake Mustang. --Anyone know where you can get just the '70-'73 hubs (new) without having to buy the entire drum/disc assembly?

I dug through several bins at O'Reilly's to come up with the wheel studs. They are p/n 610-290.

The machined aluminum rotor centering ring, shown on the snout of the hub, is a component I barrowed from our Mk VII & SN-95 V6-GT/Cobra rear disc brake conversion kits. It fits nicely, and keeps the rotor centered off the hub's snout, and not relying on the wheel's studs. (too much slop in wheel stud holes in the rotor to reliably keep the rotor centered).

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/6990/g2csplashshield008dk7.jpg

www.ultrastang.com

Steve, you should be able to use an earlier 65-69 drum or disc hub by just changing the bearings and races to the later 70 and up pieces. the inside diameter of the hub where the race is pressed in is the same as the 70 and up hub. in fact the cheapest way to get new brake rotors for a 68-69 is to buy the 70 rotor and change the bearing race. i have found this out researching different disc conversion kits and have verified the information using some old brakes parts books i have, all the dimensions are the same except the bearing races.

in fact you could actually use granada rotors on a 68-73 disc system but you'd have to use a non-mustang wheel due to the larger hub snout of the granada piece.