so mad, reason why i don't daily drive the stang

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
Yesterday I picked up the stag at lunch to drive to work because it was nice outside and I missed having some torque. Anyway afterwork, at an intersection, my light just turns green and some "paris hilton" wanna be bitch in a civic with a fart pipe flys past her red light. I saw this and I didn't move forward, I noticed another POS civic that was behind her. Its light has been red for at least 5 seconds. AS I START TO MOVE FORWARD, the idiot decides to skip the red light and almosts runs into me. It was another "paris hilton" wanna be. :shrug: :notnice: ricer chick! I pressed the horn button but she gave me a dirty look, at that point she was next to me and I had to scream out some stuff like "dumb [c word chicks don't like]". Okay so I'm pissed and make a little burn show and leave the intersection (by this time MY light is yellow).

Now I cross the short bridge to a 4 lane road seperated by an embankment (?)... I was going the speed limit and some old jerk CUTS ME OFF, and blocks BOTH lanes while he waits to cut in the other side. I slamn the brakes, the idiot behind me almost runs in to me, and an ******* NEXT to me didn't see me and starts to swerve into my lane for some unknown reason (not like he can avoid the car blocking BOTH lanes)... Once the old fool left (I was seeing red), I ended up going down that streed sideways for a little bit.

All in all, nothing happened to my Mustang except maybe wasting gas and trimming the rear tires some. But holy hell is this stupid! I work in the worst part of town, every day it's something like this. In the Accent I don't care since it's an Accent. I wish I could get a HUGE 1977 F250 4x4 to just plow thru stupid people. Hell I would have pushed those dumb chicks pass the bridge and into the river.

• Sponsors (?)

I was on a delivery...(in a work truck) and I was at 6 mile and Gratiot..(bad area here in Detroit)...I am stopped for a few seconds at a red light. All the sudden and Intrepid BLOWS throught the red light at 80MPH+...then a Grand Prix stops and then speeds off....they were chasing each other....then down Gratiot, they kept putting their blinkers on deciding which streets to turn down....I think they were looking for a certain street to buy drugs....they were in the right area!!! WOW!!! Detroit Police do not do anything to anything involving traffic stuff....just murders and drugs....sometimes!!!

sounds bad... yeah kind of pointless to spend time giving traffic tickets when you have gangs, drug deals and such to contend with... glad I don't live in a huge city

Come drive in Jersey :nice:

My particular area isnt *that* bad because its still pretty rural, but travel 30 minutes south and its the makings of a free for all. another 30 minutes south it is a full blown free for all.

My ZX2 is pretty good and ducking and dodging the idiots. I used to really enjoy going "down below" (how the NYC metro area is affectionately known by those of us here in uber north jersey) in my F150 because it was bigger than alot of cars on the road and very noisy. if you pushed the issue with me in that truck, it was either hit the brakes or hit the ditch for you.

Yeah, smack in the middle of L.A. here. I won't go into to details but it is not pretty. Making a quick 3-mile run to the store can be a challenge. I pretty much drive like I'm on a motorcycle, watching everything and everyone.

(typcial football coach) "you gotta keep your head on a swivel!"

Yes I spent years driving between NJ and CT which sticks you right in the center of NY, basically driving by the city all the time. It is amazing how bad traffic is. Just the other day NYC had weather issues, and people were in traffic for 3-4 hours (regularly 20-45 min commutes). I had a 150 miles trip that took anywhere from 2.5 hours (I have done it in less, but I wasn't driving slow) to 6 hours. Traffic is awful and the stuff you see in traffic, WOW.

Yes I spent years driving between NJ and CT which sticks you right in the center of NY, basically driving by the city all the time. It is amazing how bad traffic is. Just the other day NYC had weather issues, and people were in traffic for 3-4 hours (regularly 20-45 min commutes). I had a 150 miles trip that took anywhere from 2.5 hours (I have done it in less, but I wasn't driving slow) to 6 hours. Traffic is awful and the stuff you see in traffic, WOW.
I can only imagine how bad it gets over there because the area is so much more condensed.

here in good ol' Norman, Oklahoma there's almost never "traffic". there's only one major interstate that runs through my town, i-35, and the only reason i'm ever on it is if i'm going down to texas or up to OKC. pretty much 98% city driving. 20 minutes north, up in Oklahoma City is a different story though. it can get pretty bad.

You have just experienced what is but a taste of daily driving here in Arizona in the late fall/winter/early spring months ... AKA "Snowbird Season." These old farts that are probably already legally dead but somehow still upright behind the wheel (if visible at all, aside from a pair of hands on the wheel and a tuft of white hair sticking up) make driving to/from work a friggin' deathwish, DAILY.

They pull out without looking. If you honk, or if they see you, they come to a COMPLETE STOP and just gawk at you with this deer-in-the-headlights look until you either hit them or find a way to go around.

They change lanes and never look. If you honk, sometimes they hear you and swerve out of the way with a panicked jerk of the wheel that, in itself, almost causes another accident; if they don't hear you honk, they just keep on plowing into your path, utterly oblivious to the destruction that may or may not be taking place next to them as you grind against the guardrail or other cars on the road trying to avoid them.

They travel either 15 MPH below or 15 MPH over the speed limit at ALL TIMES. The old bastards up the street from me (there's a cluster of 55+ retirement communities up there) make my return trip home sheer torture for that last mile as they crawwwwwwl along at 20 MPH in a 35 MPH zone where there's nowhere to pass (legally, anyway) - really sucks when you've been driving for an hour before that and really need to pee/poo, like, NOW. :eek:

Seriously, there should be a law that states that the day you start collecting Social Security, your driver's license simultaneously expires. Hire a taxi. Get one of your young whipper-snapper offspring to drive you around. Get a friggin' golf cart or Timmy chair, already. There is NO reason whatsoever for people that old with senses as faded out and degraded as theirs to be driving around 4,000 lbs. of steel at ANY speed, ANYWHERE (aside from maybe a giant enclosed circle track where they can slam into one another at will :D ).

As far as ricers and/or dumb blondes ... eh. That's another reason why I wanna mount fake rocket launchers and machine guns on both of my cars. Might make 'em think twice about their douchebaggery. :D