So This Happened Today

mikestang63

SN Certified Technician
Aug 27, 2012
In the garage
took the convert out for a drive and hard this loud clacking sound.. thought I broke a rocker.... turns out with the AC off, the pulley is intermittently locking up...took the belt off and then this...

• Sponsors (?)

1x94zy.jpg
[

From one old computer guy to the rest of you; Avoid Facebook like the plague!!!

Facebook is an identity thief's dream garden. They harvest all the personal information that is unthinkingly posted, name, birthday, address, phone numbers, etc. Then they take that and go looking for whatever missing pieces that have been hacked, stolen or otherwise acquired. Then you are in for potential trouble..

On top of that Facebook's agreement allows the to sell whatever personal information you may have entered to anyone that has the right money to pay their price. They don't investigate the buyer, they just make sure that they will get paid for the data that they sell.

Reactions: 7 users

Facebook is an identity thief's dream garden. They harvest all the personal information that is unthinkingly posted, name, birthday, address, phone numbers, etc. Then they take that and go looking for whatever missing pieces that have been hacked, stolen or otherwise acquired. Then you are in for potential trouble..

It's taken some time to bounce back but there's an echo on this forum. I'm off to find it.

:leaving:

On top of that Facebook's agreement allows the to sell whatever personal information you may have entered to anyone that has the right money to pay their price. They don't investigate the buyer, they just make sure that they will get paid for the data that they sell.

Joe, completely agree. I cannot go into detail, but let's just say I know very well what social media sites and other portals do and what PII is harvested and sold. I work for a company that aggregates data and resells it to government agencies, companies.

First off, everyone here is on facebook. Don't Lie. I think it worth mentioning that I got about the same number of sales calls before facebook as after. You can't even get a job with a big company if you don't have a facebook account.

Kurt

I do not have a facepage, knowing what I know about how to find someone and the impact the internet has on personal info I have a very small online footprint, I'm even carful about what I allow my phone to do.

You can't even get a job with a big company if you don't have a facebook account.

Kurt
Ummmm, yeah, put the koolaid down kid. Maybe to get a job at Facebook requires a Facebook account, but that is as far as that goes. Unless Boeing, Amazon, Google, Costco, Starbucks et-al are not "big" companies.....lol