so where does the clutch cable bolt up?

Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Denver
I've got it run from the firewall down, but the little bracket that bolts into the fender has me really confused. It needs two holes, one for the bolt and one for the stabilizing notch, but I cannot find two holes in the right place. :mad: Can someone post pics of that area? It's right behind the battery, right where the clutch cable starts to curve down and back to go to the tranny.

Tranny is in, car might be finished tonight! :banana: I can only work on it for 3 hours a night, 6-9 at the VW dealership my buddy works at (lift, etc). Just gotta hook up the backup light harness (could be a PITA, dunno yet), driveshaft, shifter, clutch cable, and interior stuff. :D

Ash

• Sponsors (?)

The bracket your talking about bolts really close to where the K-member bolts to the front subframe. The notch and the hole for the screw are there or at least they have been on all the cars I've swapped.

Wow look at that 800 posts...maybe eventually I'll have something good to contribute.

very nice, i just did my swap last night at my dads shop, (lift and air tools), took me and my dad a total of a bout 3 1/2 hours to do the complete swap, we just didnt hook up the reverse lights and neutral safety switch. everythign runs good but i need a firewall adjuster,the i have to press the clutch down hard to get it in to 1st, that will be fixed soon tho. good luck with it.

Lx89Stang05 said:
very nice, i just did my swap last night at my dads shop, (lift and air tools), took me and my dad a total of a bout 3 1/2 hours to do the complete swap, we just didnt hook up the reverse lights and neutral safety switch. everythign runs good but i need a firewall adjuster,the i have to press the clutch down hard to get it in to 1st, that will be fixed soon tho. good luck with it.

Anyone got any pics on this swap :) I found a cool one of the web, but figured I would ask. I'm about to do this hopefully in the next few weeks. I just fond a 88' TC pretty close to me I'm going this weekend to buy for the parts.

Stinger said:
Once it's bolted to the trans as well it should almost fall into place. It's on the strut tower...should be within 2" of the cable once it's bolted to the trans.

Stinger

Hey stinger you ever put a pic of you car on 40BOB's site? if so you got a pretty smooth ride :nice:

Pro-Hawk said:
Anyone got any pics on this swap :) I found a cool one of the web, but figured I would ask. I'm about to do this hopefully in the next few weeks. I just fond a 88' TC pretty close to me I'm going this weekend to buy for the parts.
The 88 TC clutch is hydrualic. Are you going to use that stuff?
The pedals are different from that to a cable clutch. I'm pretty sure the TC pedals will interchange with each other so they would probably work in a mustang.
I guess now is a good time to ask what kind of car you have.

Well, problems have been encountered.....forgot to trim out the shifter hole before the tranny went in :rolleyes:, the driveshaft I had wouldn't fit, and the clutch cable clevis thingy on the bellcrank was missing. :doh: Not only that, but we can only work on it for 3 hrs a day, after the shop closes, and my buddy works slowly (methodically and stress-free, though), and I can't work on it again till Saturday. :mad: We looked on his stripped '84 GT vert and it looked like the bracket bolted in right behind the swaybar mounting point, so I'll look again when we hook mine up. :)

Ash