SOB, new springs same height

cdavego03

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
Metro Detroit
So last weekend I took out ssm lower control arms and installed pro3 standard lowers along with new fms c springs. With the new and old springs next to each other the olds were definetly an inch or so lower. Put it back together and measure from the ground throgh the center of the wheel to the fender lip. 27 7/8 the same as before. I let it sit for a day and still no change. I have not done the fronts yet, but I am sure that has to be lower, I have a gap between the tire and fender miles high! I wonder if the stock springs just sagged so far. Car has 54k org miles, but original owner installed airbags in both rear springs for towing I believe because the rest of the car was stock except for flows.

Does anyone else have before and after measurements of the height to the fender lip in the rear?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i got C springs under my car and heres a pretty good shot of her stance.
IMAGE0442.jpg

Attachments

• IMAGE0442.jpg
    IMAGE0442.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 65
FEAR NOT!!!

I just went through this same issue. My car was all messed up, driver side was higher than the pass side. Did the rears first, absoltely no change anywhere. Drove it for a day, still nothing. Changed out the fronts and VIOLA! The drivers side front and rear dropped to match the pass side. So I would put money that when you do the fronts, it will change. Dont ask me how, but I saw it firsthand.