Some KB #'s @ 9lbs boost

I picked up the car today and it feels awesome with the KB. However, I did not realize that the hp humbers I had were already with the 14lb pulley. What is really weird is that the blower is only at 10psi even though it has the 14psi pulley. JDM explained with the combination of LT headers, intercooler and ported & polished heads/cams that you lose a lot of boost...damn. Anyway, I spoke with KB and was told that a 2.2L blower would definately be released for the 2V 4.6 within the next few months. So it looks like I will be upgrading again...will this never end. I will post the dyno results in the next couple of days.

• Sponsors (?)

mattstang4.6 said:
I picked up the car today and it feels awesome with the KB. However, I did not realize that the hp humbers I had were already with the 14lb pulley. What is really weird is that the blower is only at 10psi even though it has the 14psi pulley. JDM explained with the combination of LT headers, intercooler and ported & polished heads/cams that you lose a lot of boost...damn. Anyway, I spoke with KB and was told that a 2.2L blower would definately be released for the 2V 4.6 within the next few months. So it looks like I will be upgrading again...will this never end. I will post the dyno results in the next couple of days.
Your'e having the same issue as me. I'm only getting 9 psi with the 14 lb pulley bc of the cams, heads, and exhaust.

Now, if KB would stop saying "in a few months" like they have been for 6 months we'd be in good shape. :)

Screwed2V said:
Your'e having the same issue as me. I'm only getting 9 psi with the 14 lb pulley bc of the cams, heads, and exhaust.

Now, if KB would stop saying "in a few months" like they have been for 6 months we'd be in good shape. :)

It makes perfect since...if you open up the pipe so to speak you have less restriction and therefore you'll have more air coming in and less boost / rpm. This is a good thing though because usually if this is the case you can make about the same power with lower boost and still go back and raise the boost higher with a crank pulley. I dont know if the 1.7L is big enough to keep up or not but its just a thought.

kirkyg

I can go to a 16lb pulley and that is really as far as I want to push this blower. JDM expects to reach close to 470 rwhp with the smaller pulley on the final tune. I will try post the dyno sheet today so you guys can see how rich my car is running. If I stare at the fuel gauge for a few seconds i can actually see the fuel gauge drop.

kirkyg said:
This is a good thing though because usually if this is the case you can make about the same power with lower boost and still go back and raise the boost higher with a crank pulley.

kirkyg
Actually you can't in my case as the blower is done right where it is. Putting a larger crank pulley on does nothing on these 1.7s but create more heat and belt slip like Gino said which results in lost power. It's already been tried.

Your just so busy trying to criticize peoples post instead of adding new information you didn't read what i finished off that same thread you were criticizing:

"I dont know if the 1.7L is big enough to keep up or not but its just a thought."

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Your just so busy trying to criticize peoples post instead of adding new information you didn't read what i finished off that same thread you were criticizing:

"I dont know if the 1.7L is big enough to keep up or not but its just a thought."

kirkyg
I'm trying to do nothing but make sure misinformation isn't spread. Kinda like the DOHC statement.;) No criticizing at all, just making sure people are getting the correct information from someone that actually owns a supercharger.

um actually i did NOT misinform anybody about the DOHC we just weren't talking about the same thing. So basically our saying indeed i am just trying to criticize specific posts to try and make myself look better.

Oh, and btw, superchargers have nothing to do with head flow ratings etc. And indeed not all DOHC heads flow identically. The ports are DIFFERENT SIZES depending on what year and make of the engine. Navigator and FR500 heads are the ones that people choose the most...navigator mainly because they are the most plentiful and flow just about as good as any.

That being said no i dont own a supercharger but i know about as much as you can know about them without working for a company that designs and engineers them from the ground up.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
um actually i did NOT misinform anybody about the DOHC we just weren't talking about the same thing. So basically our saying indeed i am just trying to criticize specific posts to try and make myself look better.
No, I'm not. Why so defensive? You act like someone has picked on you before or something lol.

kirkyg said:
Oh, and btw, superchargers have nothing to do with head flow ratings etc. And indeed not all DOHC heads flow identically. The ports are DIFFERENT SIZES depending on what year and make of the engine. Navigator and FR500 heads are the ones that people choose the most...navigator mainly because they are the most plentiful and flow just about as good as any.
Thanks for the head class. :rlaugh: What that has to do with anything is beyond me.

kirkyg said:
That being said no i dont own a supercharger but i know about as much as you can know about them without working for a company that designs and engineers them from the ground up.

kirkyg
Your'e being serious?

The KB 1.7L (aka 1700) SC can't make more than the 14lbs. It absolutly runs out of steam. Moving to a smaller pulley will not get you anything other than problems mainly heat related.

Where did you make your peak rwhp, 5600/5700rpm or 6100/6200rpm?

Screwed2V said:
No, I'm not. Why so defensive? You act like someone has picked on you before or something lol.

At some point you just finally realize that the most appropriate image is the retarded guys running in the olympics...arguing over the internet is a waste of time. It just really irritates me when people try to have a field day with others posts...they go in and try to find anything possibly wrong even if there is nothing and make them look stupid to get a rise out of you. In the future please dont respond to my posts unless there is obviously something that im misinforming others with. You'll find that that RARELY happens and i usually find out myself before anyone posts it.

kirkyg

p.s. the only time i've ever been treated this way was when i owned a dodge ram. On the dodge boards the guys just couldn't handle it when i told the truth about how many times i had tranmission problems and how dodge transmissions are pos's. For the most part i've had good experiences on stangnet.

kirkyg said:
...arguing over the internet is a waste of time. In the future please dont respond to my posts unless there is obviously something that im misinforming others with.
That's funny that YOU of all people say that lmao. Your'e known on stangnet as the guy that argues with EVERYONE!!!! If you don't want someone to respond to your posts there are a few things you can do.

1. Don't post.

2. Don't quote someone when you do post.

3. Don't get offended when someone simply corrects you or suggests that they've already tried something that you suggested (that's all I did). Gino said that he thought 5.4 L heads were the same as our PI heads and you went on a tangent about DOHC heads. I simply said that L heads are SOHC. Then, you QUOTED ME when I said that I'm only seeing 9 psi with a "14 lb pulley" and said that I may try a larger crank pulley to which I responded that I have tried that and it didn't work. How can you get mad about that? You've clearly been picked on quite a bit to be so defensive about absolutely nothing lol.

Mattstang, I apologize for my part in the hijacking. I hope your car turns out the way you want it to. :)

It will create a little more heat with the 16lb pulley but it wouldnt be like trying to push 20lbs of boost through it. According to JDM I will still gain HP so I figure that I can live the heat. I will let the experts determine when this thing runs out of steam as I do not know too much about the mechanics of this supercharger. If the pulley makes no difference than I they will put the 14lb pulley on and I will just have to wait for the 2.2L blower.

PS I am making my peak hp at 6200 rpms. My rev limiter is set at 6600rpms.

Well...I just got off of the phone with KB and they do not suggest going over 14lbs either. I will definately let JDM know this because I do not want to break the blower if I am only going gain 10 to 20 more rwhp. Thanks for the heads up JSTaGT! I sure hope that KB gives us a break on an upgrade kit for those who bought the 1.7L SC.