Split Port Induction

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
First Question
I was thinking of going with the split port induction from the 99 and up mustangs because from 160 bhp to 190 bhp for a part u can get over the counter sounds pretty good to me. But i am just curious if i could just remove my single port iduction manifold and bolt in the split port using the top intake manifold still. Because if this is possible i would love to do it. Plus what kind of affect would this have on the motor and my internals, because my motors already got over 130K on it, but it still runs hard and i know because its my daily beater, lol. but yea, just wondering if anyone knows how i would be able to do this.

Second question
I was thinking of gutting out my MAF by taking a dremel and getting rid of that peice of metal it had running threw the middle and boring it out, and if it would do anything bad or good to the motor giving me gains or losses.

Help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Your sig says you already have 2003 PI heads?? Anyway, I emailed supersixmotorsports in regards to a head swap..read the reply before you make your final decision:

Patrick,
In my opinion, theres kinda like an order of precedence based on application:
1. For a naturally aspirated automatic, you're better off staying single port because the single port naturally aspirated setups tend to make more torque than the split-ports with similar porting.
2. For manual cars, naturally aspirated, I'd go split-port if you want to deal with the added expense/hassle of the split-port swap.
3. Foir power adders, depends on your ultimate power goals.
4. If budget is an issue, stay single port.

Wer'e it my car, I'd stay single port and take advantage of the added torque, especially if it was a 5-speed, I'd run Stage 3 and a healthy cam. We did most of our Stage 3 dyno testing on a 98 5-speed, it produced 217 RWHP and 249 RWTQ, its impossible to get those torque numbers out of a similar split-port 3.8.

Tom Yentzer
www.supersixmotorsports.com
478-256-7766