spring choices

bgrd351

Jun 10, 2005
Jacksonville, Fl
here is why the search turned up nothing --

I am looking at these : http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=1758

and of course the standard H&R SS springs. The problem lies in the fact I want the drop and stance of the SS but w/o the harsh ride I keep reading about. And I dont want to try the Pro Kit because my luck would cause them to sag...lol so a local shop said to get the F springs and I should be happy but I want the 2nd opinion of :SNSign:

So here is the questions: anyone running the F springs? and what are your thoughts? and any pics you have to show the stance would help alot.

• Sponsors (?)

I am glad that you love them and I hear they ride good but with my luck I would end up with the sagging rear end and on top of that I use my car as a DD at work which has me carrying wkstns and servers in my car so that would not help the problem. But thank you for your thoughts.

bgrd351 said:
and that is where the next problem lies...I have to run on the stock shocks/struts for a bit due to $$.

I'd save up, buy shocks/struts and install everything at once, especailly if you're going to have some extra passengers with ya. Just my .02

matts90gt said:
Hey, I've just got the same springs but haven't installed them yet....did you have to get CC plates? Or just a good alignment?
Usually with the prokits CC's aren't required to get a spec alignment. Although you it never hurts to have them if you need them. HMMM I should do something with those pro 3i 4bolt cc's I got.

Also like has been said the sportlines are the ones that had that issue and it seemed to be a certain batch. I know several that have ran the sportlines for years with no issues.

As for pics there was a post a year or so back that had a link to a website with pics of all the different springs installed. Sorry don't remember the title of the thread though.

well, I am glad I dont have any of the springs on my car right...they are tearing up the road in front of my work and I just had to drive off a 6" drop off that was not there this morning. But I still want the suspension. I am soooo tired of being a 4x4. I am sorry for the misunderstanding of which springs sag...guess the mind is the first to go...lol. BTW...what is the spring rate of the Pro Kit? I looked on their site but they only list the drop.

damn can you guys find that link with all the different springs?

I'm torn between the Eibach pro kit, H&R sports, or FRPP C springs.

prokit drops 1.5 both front and rear, C springs drop 1" all around, but what about the H&R sports (NOT SS)?

I've got FRPP J Springs, they are made by Eibach and are pro-kit spring but have a linear rate rather then progressive. They are basically an IRS version of the C springs, the front springs have the same rate. They ride really nice, significantly firmer ride but not harsh. I'd personally go with the C's if I had a solid axle.

Here is a link to a bunch of different springs specs and pictures.
http://www.2kgt.com/item.php?itemid=74

the98stang said:
prokit drops 1.5 both front and rear, C springs drop 1" all around, but what about the H&R sports (NOT SS)?

I can't endorse the H&R sports. They didn't drop as much as they were supposed to. Even worse, the rear dropped more than the front, making my car look pretty silly. (The fronts dropped 15/16", not the 1.6" advertised)

When I asked on here, a couple of others had the same experience with the H&R sports.

C springs with one coil cut off the rear.
attachment.php