Springs on otherwise stock suspension...

KingDiamond

Mar 9, 2003
Chicago, IL
If I got some Ford B or C springs how would the car ride with the otherwise stock suspension? The previous owner had the front struts changed to Monroe SensaTrac struts, which probably aren't that good but they might be better than the stock ones. Also how much would the car lower with the B or C springs? I want about a 1 to 1.5 inch drop in the front and 1 inch drop in the back. The thing is that I'm getting my rear axle worked on next week and they'll be dropping the axle so it will be easier to change the springs. Then only the fronts have to be done.

• Sponsors (?)

FRPP advertises a 1-1/8" and 3/4" (F/R) drop for both the B and C springs. The difference is the spring rate. The Bs are 425#/530# (F) and 200#/300# (R). The Cs use a specific rate front spring at 650# and the same rear springs as the B kit.

Personally, I think swapping just the springs (and not using quality shocks/struts) results in a harsh ride, but admittedly, I'm extremely biased. I think the conventional springs are harsh anyway you look at it (I'm one of those spoiled, egotistical coilover guys ;)). Cheap shocks just make it worse.

Guys, I know they are not the FMS springs but I drove my vert for a year with just Roush Racing springs. With just the springs on stock struts and shocks and it was terrible, harsh ride. Just got tokico premimums put on (purchased from www.speedconcepts.net) and the ride is awesome. handles way better, takes bumps better. My advice, if you are going to buy springs, buy the shocks, springs and struts to match, speedconcepts has a few package options, check them out.

Sam