Squeak and chatter

mali1966

Apr 12, 2005
Champaign ,IL
This past weekend I took the Cobra out for a drive and noticed a squeel coming from the clutch. When I hold the clutch in for any period of time it starts to chatter and squeel. I am guessing ( more like praying ) its a throw out bearing. My worst fear is it is a input shaft (but it goes in and out of gear ok). Anyone else had this problem in a 03 -04 cobra ?

I want to trouble shoot this before I take it to the local Ford dealer . It only has 10k miles on it and is still under warranty. I allways fear someone else working on my cars esp. when I belive they are hacks.

Thanks for any info ...

• Sponsors (?)

My clutch pedal sometimes vibrates when I am bringing the clutch pedal back up after putting the car in gear. I have not heard any noise or anything, and it does not do it all the time. Any ideas what that may be? :shrug: Car also goes into gear fine.

Mine is in the shop this week to get the TOB replaced. It has 35,000 plus miles on the odometer, mostly highway between Toledo and New Jersey.

Either way, the darn thing was chirping like a bird and every once in a while it would chatter like a ratchet. It was more embarassing than anything else, especially when sitting at a light in traffic. I had to rest my foot on the clutch to make the sound go away.

While it is in, they are also checking out anything relating to any TSBs and other stuff covered before the warranty runs out.

This has been my only problem since I got it on October 1, 2002.

:flag: :nice: