Squeak coming from front left suspension

RDvenom99

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2001
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
I noticed today while cruising along that there is a squeak coming from the front left wheel area. It is pretty loud & annoying when driving next to a wall or divider in the road. Is there anything that you can do to get rid of the noise? Is the strut just shot or can you lube it up or something?

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! I thought at first glance you where having the same problem as me.

But my squeak is only happening when I press the break and no it's not my pads (just change them out a week ago), it happens when I'm parked as well. As a matter of fact my car is in the dealer right now getting my Front left Caliper replaced under warranty. They said it's the caliper that is causing my squeak; don't know if yours the same problem. :shrug:

It does happen when I turn the wheel left or right but only when I'm moving. If I'm stopped and turn the wheel it doesn't do it. Also I don't need to be going over bumps just driving on pretty even ground and it's pretty constant. I just took the caliper off and didn't see anything stuck between the pads and rotor. Could be the tie rods I guess. I guess it could be the pads are a little worn too but they looked alright with about 25000 miles on them. Would it be hard to replace a tie rod myself?