SQUEAKING DRIVING ME NUTS

1991vert

10 Year Member
Feb 27, 2004
Ludlow, MA
well my rear end was squeaking when the car was pushed side to side, like a rocking motion. i bought some new eibach springs thinking it would fix it...hahha ya right, not that lucky. it's still there and i have no idea what it is. i thought it was the springs at first or the insulators for the springs. it's probably a bushing or something, but does anyone have any idea which bushing it could be?

thanks,
chris

• Sponsors (?)

CManT1914 said:
I'm having the exact same problem. Somebody told me the control arm bushings. Does anybody know how hard it would be to just crawl under there and lubricate them, without having to unbolt anything?

It wouldnt be diffacult to do, but it wont take the squeak away for long. Stock you have rubber bushings back there. There is nothing sealed about these, and they are not greased from the factory. The squeak you guys are hearing means your bushing need to be replaced. Theres really no way around it. And while your back there taking everything out to replace them, you might as well upgrade your lowers to a better setup, and the uppers to some frpp units as well.

My maximum lowers have a greasable bushing on the chassis side, although again, it's not sealed.