Stall Converter, do i need one..???

whyask

Apr 4, 2005
Sacramento
Check my sig... It's a 5spd NOT AN AUTO... and I drive 2miles to work everyday and then only take her out on the weekend when its nice...Should I get a stall converter ..(Im not really sure what they are used for in 5spds) just when I got my car dyno'd they tech said mayby I should into getting a stall converter.

And the 3:90's have been switched out back to 4:10's....I LOVE THE GEARNEVER FEAR IT !!

• Sponsors (?)

its so funny ...I could see him doing it..for those of you in NORCAL pm me and ill give you the shop name NOT TO GO TO..I wont bash them on a tech forum...yet..??

Haha that's so common around here in Nor cal, you dont even need to tell me - i have a good sized list and im sure there on there. The other week i had a guy come in w/ a 620HP WRX STI running nitrous and the dyno shop tied his car down from the middle of the control arm and the damn car bent the thing into a U. Had to replace both of em.

You shoulda known better tho my friend:D

Just a thought, maybe the guy was trying to be a smartass just to see how much you knew about cars and if you were paying attention. When he said that to you, did you question it?
What kinda a-hole would do that? Thats why we get threads like this (no offense to whyask). Cause people get mis-informed by idiots who are just tryin to learn about there car.

What kinda a-hole would do that? Thats why we get threads like this (no offense to whyask). Cause people get mis-informed by idiots who are just tryin to learn about there car.

And I meant no offense to whyask either. This planet is filled with a-holes, hence why that thought crossed my mind. If I heard somebody, especially somebody in the business of working on cars, tell me my 5 spd car needed a torque converter, you'd bet my ass I'd call him out on it.

No, after he asked, I just looked at him, smiled and went outside to smoke.....I was thinking.."ummm..WTF was that , IM not the best mechanic and I try to know A little about cars , BUT F*** can I really be that dumb, .......??"

And NO-offense taken guys, I understand your most of your are like "Are you REALLY that dumb"