Steeda Catback

skywarp

Nov 28, 2003
Does anybody have this kit? Looks like its louder than stock but not as loud as Magnaflow. To my knowledge Magnaflow makes this kit for them. Another question would be does this kit have any drone? Reason being theres a rear seat delete in the car. Thanks for the input.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

jadesville said:
havent heard much about it, but every aftermarket kit your going to buy will have drone, some less than others..
So which kit would have the less drone and make the most power with the stock H-pipe and cats.

I have the steeda cat-back with a bassani off roadx and it is pretty loud..
It's definatly quality stuff made by borla (says right on the box), went toghether 5 times easier than my flows and sounds bad as hell!!! I would post a sound clip but i dont have anyway of capturing one right now... It is a little expensive though...

jadesville said:
you should really search the forums for info on some of the other systems
I have , Bassani is the top contender. I like the Magnaflows for price and construction, but I here too much about the "drone". Maybe a little too raspy. This is were this topic goes more towards personal opinion than anything else.

I would say get the borla over the steeda. made by the same people and cheaper. I think you will be dissapointed with stock midepipe and borla/steeda. I think most people would say it is not loud enough. I know I was. magnaflow is kind of like that too. now if you plan to change out your midepipe then they are all going to have good sound. bassani, mangaflow, flowmaster all have more drone in my opinion than the borla. the borla does have some drone just not as much. I like the borla setup alot with my o/r x.

if you don't want to change you midepipe then get the bassani. it will have a nice tone even with the stock midpipe. magnaflow/magnapack is alwasyt he best "deal" but bassani has the sound edge in my opinion. bassani with the o/r pipe might be a bit much for some. just depends on your taste.

skywarp said:
I have , Bassani is the top contender. I like the Magnaflows for price and construction, but I here too much about the "drone". Maybe a little too raspy. This is were this topic goes more towards personal opinion than anything else.

There is the Magnapack catback, and the Magnaflow catback. The Magnaflow version is just about the same thing, only will a bigger muffler, whereas the Magnapacks are kinda like glass packs. I have the Maganflow catback system, it has very little drone on the highway, and you can't even hear it with the radio on. I got my whole catback for $300 from www.fulllineexhaust.com. Hope this helps :nice:

I think that the Steeda catback with a ProChamber was the most perfect exhaust combo sound-wise. But the Magnaflow catted X flowed better than the PC so I got rid of it. But the Steeda combo (made by Borla) with the catted X was too quiet. And The Steeda tips were way cooler than the Borla tips, so it was worth the extra price to me. Click on the link in my sig for vids of all my exhaust combos.

I ditched the Steeda catback because it was too quiet, the Magnapacks make up for it though. Steeda with the ProChamber sounded refined and aggressive. Magnapacks with catted X sounds flat out pissed off. :D

2K Stanger said:
I have the Steeda SS GT Catback and a custom O/R H-pipe. I love the sound, it's nice and original. No one else has the awesome sounding exhaust tone like mine. I have 2 vids with excellent sound if some one would like to post them for me.

someone post em, i wanna hear :D

I have the Bassani Street Comp. catback and the Catted X-pipe... I also have JBS Cat4Ward Shortys, but I don't know how much sound those changed.

It's extremely mean (have to take the baffles out) and my friends come in my car sometimes and say: "Can we turn down the volume please.... ON THE EXHAUST! DAMN!"

:rlaugh: