steering column?????

89lxvert34

Dec 10, 2003
chicago
Hey guys wuts goin on, i know this really isn't performance but i have a question about my steering column.Well you see i bought my 5.0 from a man who didn't have common sense and when he lost his keys he busted in the ignition lock cylinder and now i have to start the car up with a screw driver. And i was wondering how hard or how much do u think it would be to fix that,also are quarter panels the same on lx and gt's wut about verts? any help would be appreciated thanx. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The quarters on a LX and GT are the same, verts are totally different...

As far as the key switch, you can replace that very easily. You can get a new key switch/tumbler at your local parts store. Take the plastic off the steering column, turn the key switch to the on postion in your case with the screw driver and you will see a small hole located in the spot on the column the key switch slides into towards the bottom, push the pin that is in the hole and the entire key switch pulls out....

I tried that,basically he broke the whole cylinder off and part of the column itself that holds the cylinder.I bought a new cylinder,but the column wouldn't hold it. so it doesn't matter wut type of vert then for a quarter panel?